GTA V LAGS ON HIGH END PC

I buyed  a pc with i7 7700 and msi 1060 6gb gaming x+ and 8 gb ram DDR 4 3000mhzand I have a problem when I play gta v some times  it lags I'ven on the lowest settings in fact I get better performance in ultra setting but still it have random fps drops and lags at random times and locations 

GPU Usage 36 46 % Temperature 65 67 degrees 

CPUT usage 40 50 % temperature jumps from 60 to 70 in seconds but not all time

Usualy around 66 degrees 

Ram some times 6800mb in 7600mp out of 8 gb

And when I get the lags my GPU usage gose to 10% 20% and cpu 30%

Is it cuse of the ram?

What's your disk usage at? Check for spikes

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

10 minutes ago, Armakar said:

Usualy 98 99% but on my old pc had olmost the same drive it had 99 only on loading screen 

12 minutes ago, Armakar said:

And what do u mean Check for spikes?

3 minutes ago, PASHKA said:

And what do u mean Check for spikes?

Check for spikes in disk usage. I have a high end PC, but a program that clashes with the latest windows update that I use to control my fans makes my disk usage spike to 100%, and it makes me lag like hell. Just open task manager, go to disk usage and play GTA V. When you notice lag, check if disk usage spiked to 100%

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

5 minutes ago, Armakar said:

Check for spikes in disk usage. I have a high end PC, but a program that clashes with the latest windows update that I use to control my fans makes my disk usage spike to 100%, and it makes me lag like hell. Just open task manager, go to disk usage and play GTA V. When you notice lag, check if disk usage spiked to 100%

So I need to look for a program that gets 100% of disk usage 

Can it be MSI app cuse I downloaded it 1st before all games and it's olways running hmm I try to delete it

Thx for ur time m8

I buyed a new pc for my self with no windows pre installed it have i7 7700 and 1060 6gb and 8gb ram problem is that when I play gta v Ime getting 100% disk usage spikes at random locations on my old pc I had the exactly same hard drive and it didn't skip up to 100% only on gta loading screen I believe my main pc having spikes becuse thomhing wrong wis setting of winows 10 please help

BTW ime getting spikes on eny settings on low on mid and on ultra same thing

Olso had a Steam problems while downloading the game my Internet speed was going to 5mb/s and go to 0 for ever but I fixed it and now I have 68 mb/s download speed shuld I try reinstalling the game ?

If the drive is fragmented or nearing full (10-15% free), the performance will tailspin and faceplant relatively quickly.

Another completely reasonable idea is that your old PC just wasn't fast enough for storage to become a "bottleneck" in GTA V, but you didn't list any specs of the old one so that's just a freebie idea.

Hell, my PC has to stick to a 30FPS cap, and my HDD used for games (which got about 80MB/s reads) wasn't fast enough to keep pace with the texture streaming in GTA V, and I have to keep it on my SSD so that the world actually loads in quick enough.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

If the drive is fragmented or nearing full (10-15% free), the performance will tailspin and faceplant relatively quickly.

Another completely reasonable idea is that your old PC just wasn't fast enough for storage to become a "bottleneck" in GTA V, but you didn't list any specs of the old one so that's just a freebie idea.

Hell, my PC has to stick to a 30FPS cap, and my HDD used for games (which got about 80MB/s reads) wasn't fast enough to keep pace with the texture streaming in GTA V, and I have to keep it on my SSD so that the world actually loads in quick enough.

My old rig had a i5 and NVIDIA 760 and 16 gb ram BTW hard is only the same made I buyed a new one for new rig and my new one have 670gb left out of 1tb

3 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Shuld I try difrogmenting it ? Never done that before to my new one (never needed for the old one) so I can give it a try

1 minute ago, PASHKA said:

My old rig had a i5 and NVIDIA 760 and 16 gb ram BTW hard is only the same made I buyed a new one for new rig and my new one have 670gb left out of 1tb

Depending on the i5 I could see it being a limiting factor, assuming GTA scales somewhat linearly.

2 minutes ago, PASHKA said:

Shuld I try difrogmenting it ? Never done that before to my new one (never needed for the old one) so I can give it a try

It never hurts. My grandma's PC has been at a point where it's only 3% fragmented but holy crap did that 3% make a massive difference (she went from a 3 minute boot to just over a minute with Windows 7 on a relatively fast drive).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hello so I builded my new rig like 4 weaks ego and ime having a problem with my HD when ime playing gta I for like 10 to 15 mim have spikes up to 100%  of diskusage and I was trying to change game settings but on low settings still had that problem in fact when I put my game on low I have 30 40 fps and more spikes and when I have ultra setting I have 70 80 fps and less spikes 

BTW evry pad of my new pc is brand new and on my hard drive I have 670gb left out of 1tb

PLEASE HELP

Thx

What hard drive? I have a 5400rpm wd blue and on the odd occasion this happens to me as the HDD is too slow. The only solution is get an SDD (maybe a 7200rpm HDD) and move GTA to that.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

6 minutes ago, A Silver said:

What hard drive? I have a 5400rpm wd blue and on the odd occasion this happens to me as the HDD is too slow. The only solution is get an SDD (maybe a 7200rpm HDD) and move GTA to that.

Oh okey :/

8 minutes ago, A Silver said:

But I have Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200rpm

6 minutes ago, PASHKA said:

But I have Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200rpm

That's still a mechanical drive, and it could be in use by something else. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

6 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That's still a mechanical drive, and it could be in use by something else. 

I had olmost same hard drive on my old rig and never had that problem my old rig was i5 760 16gb ddr3 ram and my new one i7 7700 and 1060 6gb 8gb ram ddr4

3 hours ago, PASHKA said:

I had olmost same hard drive on my old rig and never had that problem my old rig was i5 760 16gb ddr3 ram and my new one i7 7700 and 1060 6gb 8gb ram ddr4

I am pretty sure it is an HDD bottle neck. For that exact reason, I am planning on getting an extra SSD to move GTA and some other games to.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

I have Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200rpm and it have 100% disck usage in gta online when ime playing gta v single player don't have eny issues but in gta online some times it spikes up to 100% it's a brand new 4 weaks old drive and it have 670 gb left out of 1 tb I had exactly same hard drive on my old rig dident have eny issue but I had Windows 7 on old rig and on new one I have Windows 10 

Please help 

13 minutes ago, PASHKA said:

I have Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200rpm and it have 100% disck usage in gta online when ime playing gta v single player don't have eny issues but in gta online some times it spikes up to 100% it's a brand new 4 weaks old drive and it have 670 gb left out of 1 tb I had exactly same hard drive on my old rig dident have eny issue but I had Windows 7 on old rig and on new one I have Windows 10 

Please help 

there are some background processes in windows 10 that cause this. the processes should be easy to identify with ressource monitor but i don't know how to terminate them for good. 

had this happen on many windows 10 installs (fresh install on new hardware as well as on virtual machines) - i finally gave up and went back to windows 7

Just now, TArthur99 said:

is it actually GTA V using the disk? is your ram maxed out?

I have 8 gb ram and it using some times 6800mb some times 7400mb but usually some where in middle of them 2 and yes gta us using the ram non of other apps are well there is one but it's werry rere like once on 2 or 3 hours and it's my antivirus

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

there are some background processes in windows 10 that cause this. the processes should be easy to identify with ressource monitor but i don't know how to terminate them for good. 

had this happen on many windows 10 installs (fresh install on new hardware as well as on virtual machines) - i finally gave up and went back to windows 7

Oh okey ime thinking ebout that too but I like win 10 so much

I have 8 gb ram and it using some times 6800mb some times 7400mb but usually some where in middle of them 2 and yes gta us using the ram non of other apps are well there is one but it's werry rere like once on 2 or 3 hours and it's my antivirus

try these options maybe? found on a steam forum

1.go to RUN -> Service.msc
2.Find superfetch
3.Stop running it
4.Disable it

and/or

go to control panel > view ram and system memory > go to advanced settings > go to virtual memory > change them all to none > then restart the computer > go back to virtual memory again and then tick the box at the top saying automatically manage for all drives

Oh okey ime thinking ebout that too but I like win 10 so much

i used to really like windows 10 but ever since it left preview they fucked it up one update at a time