Need some vpn advise

Carde

I never used a vpn and never really felt the need to use it, but seeing more and more is happening I am looking for the additional layer so to speak. Now I do not mind paying a fee for one, but I need something that is simple to use for an newby like me and that works both on win 10 and android (PC and phone).

I mainly want it for security reasons phone wise and some privacy for the PC side to avoid to easy of intercepting all I do by providers and such.

Reason I am asking here is cause I been looking at VPNs and it is really cannot see forest because trees for me.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Your data can still be inspected and intercepted even with a VPN -- it's just a different group who can do it easily. If I had a VPN set up on DigitalOcean (VPS provider) and used the VPN 24/7, DigitalOcean could still plausibly intercept and read my data, it's just less likely that they will. Comparatively, if you used Tunnelbear or Private Internet Access, they could read any data you transmit through their servers (save for data that's encrypted before the VPN client, like TLS traffic).

OP: Whatever VPN you go with, make sure it's one you trust. If I had to buy a VPN service, I'd use NordVPN, but normally I'd host my own on a VPS.