Need help for Future Planned Absolute overkill PC

MaxPlaysGames

Heyho, so im planning an absolute overkill pc, that i will probably never use all the power off, but i just felt like my first pc build was awesome and want to expand it.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/MbfzQV

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/MbfzQV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/MbfzQV/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  (€919.90 @ Caseking) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME EATX LGA2066 Motherboard  (€620.38 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€422.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€422.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€431.94 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€431.94 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€789.00) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Case: Thermaltake -  View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Other: Thermaltake 1250w iRGB PSU 80+ Titanium (€419.00)
Total: €4457.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-29 23:20 CEST+0200

Now, i have absolutely no idea what watercooling parts i need, but before that, i want to ask if there would be any compatibility issues? I dont think so, but im no expert on that.

I know i need a SLI Bridge, but im getting Custom Sleeving and everything anyway, so i dont want to add this yet.

I tried using my current Ryzen 7 1700x and Crosshair VI, but i dont think i'll have enough PCI-E lanes to run 2 960 evos + SLI, do i?

If so, i wouldnt go for the 7900x because that'd be kinda waste, and i dont wanna waste that. 

But if the PCI-E lanes arent enough, well, my Brother will have a small suprise then. I could go for a 2 TB 960 evo also if that would make it fit.

4 minutes ago, MaxPlaysGames said:

-snip-

More like an under thought build, NVMe SSDs offer no advantage except for in professional workloads where data transfer rates matter for huge file sizes. Overall, this build is a complete waste of money seeing as your current build sounds like it will stay relevant well into the future. The PCIe lanes will be more than enough to support only 2 GPUs and 2 SSDs, but again it is a complete waste of money.

1 minute ago, Qwweb said:

More like an under thought build, NVMe SSDs offer no advantage except for in professional workloads where data transfer rates matter for huge file sizes. Overall, this build is a complete waste of money seeing as your current build sounds like it will stay relevant well into the future. The PCIe lanes will be more than enough to support only 2 GPUs and 2 SSDs, but again it is a complete waste of money.

Literally said i probably wouldnt ever use the full potential, i know that very well. But i want to build a fully watercooled pc, and while im at it, might aswell go balls to the walls. 

And as far as i know 1700x only has 24 pci-e lanes, so it cant run 2x 1080tis in x16/x16 only x8/x8, right? 

Yes, you'll have enough PCIe lanes since iirc Ryzen has 24 lanes which would be x8 x8 for the GPUs and x4 x4 for the two NVMe drives. Not sure why you want two NVMe drives though, you won't get more speed in terms of noticeably reduced load times unless you're doing very heavy file transfers in a professional setting.

Running GPUs in PCIe 3.0 x8 is a fraction of a fraction of a non-noticeable difference in FPS.

What are the full specs your current build?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Talk about overkill...

Are you sure you want to do this? Like, are you absolutely sure because, well i mean 2tb sdd... and everything else. and an i9?! What will you be using it for, whenever i hear someone say overkill i expect a 1080/ti or something but this, is different. 

Just now, Lurick said:

Yes, you'll have enough PCIe lanes since iirc Ryzen has 24 lanes which would be x8 x8 for the GPUs and x4 x4 for the two NVMe drives. Not sure why you want two NVMe drives though, you won't get more speed in terms of noticeably reduced load times unless you're doing very heavy file transfers in a professional setting.

What are the full specs your current build?

Ive noticed moving over the games, like Doom, take like 5 minutes. 

Currently, 1080ti, 1700x, 32 gb 3200mhz trident z rgb, kraken x62, crosshair vi, but i wouldnt built it till in about 9 months. 

So i have alot of time, to plan around, while im saving up money. 

1 minute ago, MaxPlaysGames said:

Literally said i probably wouldnt ever use the full potential, i know that very well. But i want to build a fully watercooled pc, and while im at it, might aswell go balls to the walls. 

And as far as i know 1700x only has 24 pci-e lanes, so it cant run 2x 1080tis in x16/x16 only x8/x8, right? 

My point was that there is no reason to completely waste >$5000 on something that you know that you will never use to its potential.

Edited my earlier post to address the last question but I'll put it here just incase :)

Even at PCIe x8 speeds, you'll never notice the difference compared to x16. We're talking a fraction of a frame difference, maybe.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Talk about overkill...

Are you sure you want to do this? Like, are you absolutely sure because, well i mean 2tb sdd... and everything else. and an i9?! What will you be using it for, whenever i hear someone say overkill i expect a 1080/ti or something but this, is different. 

Right now, ive set this as my Goal yes. Wont built this within 9 months tho. But i start planning now, because on the watercooling part for this im completly unknowledged, so i want to make sure this fits and then go on learning everything about it. 

I'd probably game, get 2x 4k screens or another pg348q, maybe start streaming in the future.

2 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

My point was that there is no reason to completely waste >$5000 on something that you know that you will never use to its potential

I totally get that. But that is my decision isnt it :P

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Even at PCIe x8 speeds, you'll never notice the difference compared to x16. We're talking a fraction of a frame difference, maybe.

Ohh. Alright, i thought i'd need to actually use 2x x16, well in that case, i could go with my ryzen 7 right now and that would all go well. Interesting, might just cut out the x299 and 7900x then, if that all fits onto mine yet.

Revisit this topic when your going to build.

New CPU's and GPU's will be out in 9 months

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, MaxPlaysGames said:

Ohh. Alright, i thought i'd need to actually use 2x x16, well in that case, i could go with my ryzen 7 right now and that would all go well. Interesting, might just cut out the x299 and 7900x then, if that all fits onto mine yet.

Yah, unless you're running at PCIe 1.1 x4 or 2.0 x4 you won't really be hampered :) 

Image result for pcie 3.0 x8 vs x16 1080 ti

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Jrock said:

New CPU's and GPU's will be out in 9 months

I dont think so, GPU probably Volta, but CPU wise, there wasnt anything coming 2018. Unless i missed something.

I dont think so, GPU probably Volta, but CPU wise, there wasnt anything coming 2018. Unless i missed something.

Ryzen 2 i believe

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20170927PD212.html

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Yah, unless you're running at PCIe 1.1 x4 or 2.0 x4 you won't really be hampered :) 

Thanks :D, thats good to know that i dont have to basically "throw away" my 1700x.

Just now, Jrock said:

Ryzen 2 i believe

Hmm, i think i remember its supposed to be coming at the end of 2018, i'd get it mid 2018.

Hmm, i think i remember its supposed to be coming at the end of 2018, i'd get it mid 2018.

Check the link.

Mobo manufactures are saying beginning of 2018.

But we know AMD and release dates...

Just now, Jrock said:

But we know AMD and release dates...

Thats why im more thinking of end of 2018, Ryzen took em longer aswell. 

But since i can use my R7 1700x, i dont actually need a cpu/motherboard then. 

There's overkill, and there's literally just dream-building and wasting money. I don't understand why anyone would want to save up $5000 to buy something they will effectively never use.

However, if your planning on wasting money on completely useless things, here's a build to satisfy your stupidity : https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3FLR7h

That's 128 GB of ram, you'd have to be editing a movie to manage to fill that. It's fully watercooled (If you want to spend more, get hardline tubing.  Two 1080ti's, 2TB of SSD storage, a 16 core, 32 thread processor, a 1200W totally un-needed powersupply (drawing 300w more than you need, even with SLI 1080Ti's), 6 RGB fans, RGB motherboard, RGB case, and two RGB GPUs.

There is nothing a streamer, gamer or video editor could do to utilize this PC to even close to it's full potential. The only scenario I can imagine this PC being used to its potential is in a professional environment, such as movie editing or complex splat game creation.

My theory is your just dreambuilding, likely a kid who's going to go on PCPartpicker and pick the most expensive parts. In addition, 9 months from now there will be totally new hardware, including new HEDT lineups, new Ryzen and Intel mainstream lineups, Volta will be out, and maybe even a re-visited Vega. Even if you were stupid enough to spend 5000$ on this, it's worthless thinking about it 9 months before you plan to buy it.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

5 minutes ago, MaxPlaysGames said:

You missed alot. Intel's HEDT will be coming out relativity early next year, and I believe new Ryzen CPU's will be rolling out from February -  April. Volta will certainly be out by then, and we might even see AMD's GPU department throw out some Vega cards with much less powerdraw.

Main Rig

2 minutes ago, Armakar said:

My theory is your just dreambuilding, likely a kid who's going to go on PCPartpicker and pick the most expensive parts. In addition, 9 months from now there will be totally new hardware, including new HEDT lineups, new Ryzen and Intel mainstream lineups, Volta will be out, and maybe even a re-visited Vega. Even if you were stupid enough to spend 5000$ on this, it's worthless thinking about it 9 months before you plan to buy it.

"Dream Building, likely a Kid" Thanks. I already spend 4000€ on my Current Setup, i honestly doubt a Kid has 4000€. 

I simply want to expand my current setup, and add watercooling. I was unaware that the difference between 3.0 16x and 3.0 8x was almost 0, so i thought i'd need a CPU/Motherboard upgrade aswell. But turns out i dont, so of course that'll go off the list. 

If you want to i can show you my setup, with my Name on Screen or whatever, if you feel like im just a kid creating a "dreambuilding"

In addition, i already have a Case thats big enough to support 2x 360mm radiators + 3x 120mm fans. I dont need a new one, nor do i need a second 1080ti as i already have one.

5 minutes ago, Armakar said:

You missed alot. Intel's HEDT will be coming out relativity early next year, and I believe new Ryzen CPU's will be rolling out from February -  April. Volta will certainly be out by then, and we might even see AMD's GPU department throw out some Vega cards with much less powerdraw.

Isnt Intels HEDT x299? So they release another one? 

I know Volta will be out by then, i mean they already almost done, just pushed it back, because "production", which im sure is just because no competition.

"Dream Building, likely a Kid" Thanks. I already spend 4000€ on my Current Setup, i honestly doubt a Kid has 4000€. 

I simply want to expand my current setup, and add watercooling. I was unaware that the difference between 3.0 16x and 3.0 8x was almost 0, so i thought i'd need a CPU/Motherboard upgrade aswell. But turns out i dont, so of course that'll go off the list. 

If you want to i can show you my setup, with my Name on Screen or whatever, if you feel like im just a kid creating a "dreambuilding"

In addition, i already have a Case thats big enough to support 2x 360mm radiators + 3x 120mm fans. I dont need a new one, nor do i need a second 1080ti as i already have one.

Congratulations, you spent £4000 on your setup; nobody cares. I am just baffled someone (who clearly isn't rich because you mentioned saving up) would save up money for a PC 9 months in advance without any knowledge of upcoming hardware, knowing full well they aren't ever going to use it..

I mean there's overkill, some people buy a 1080Ti for playing 60HZ 1080P, I can get that. But a (what looks like) gamer/streamer buying a 10-core CPU (a pretty cost in-efficient one at that) in a fully watercooled build with 64GB of RAM? RAM is stupidly expensive rn, and won't go down for the considerable future. If this was a year ago when 16GB of RAM was $70 I wouldn't question it as much, but your literally going to spend like $400 on the flashiest amount of RAM that you won't be able to use even if you tried.

If this build was even cost-efficient whatsoever I wouldn't care, but it's clear your trying your best to compensate for something.

Main Rig

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

If this build was even cost-efficient whatsoever I wouldn't care, but it's clear your trying your best to compensate for something.

To be honest, you just sound like you're jealous. Like, at the end this is my decision, so what if i wont use the full potential of it? Lots of people buy 1080ti's and 144hz monitors to play cs:go, even tho a 1070 would do that. Are you going after them aswell? 

And if you dont care, why the fuck are commenting here then? 

Like i literally havent done anything to you and you pop up to tell me im a Kid lmao. 

Not to mention, new hardware usually ends up being about as costy as the old part they replace in the same bracket. 

So even if it did save up and something replaces it, it'd still be about the same cost to it, maybe more maybe less.