Windows 10 night light setting keeps getting greyed out

haifisch

Hello everyone,

I have a weird problem with the windows 10 feature night light mode. The settings for that keeps getting greyed out. I've tried several solutions to the problem like updating graphics drivers and changing or deleting registry keys. These seemed to be working, but after a few hours or restarts, night light mode got bugged again. The settings for it got greyed out again and again.

Also, when it's working and I'm trying to set a schedule to activate night light mode for example between 7:00 PM and 7:00 AM, and it's currently 7:30 PM, it doesn't activate automatically.

Is it only me, or have you guys experienced this before? Oh, and btw, this is a new, clean installation of windows 10.

Thanks for your help in advance

I was never able to get nightlight to work properly. I had all the same issues you're having. I just turned it off completely and went back to using f.lux

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

3 hours ago, kagarium said:

I was never able to get nightlight to work properly. I had all the same issues you're having. I just turned it off completely and went back to using f.lux

Thank you for your input buddy.

Looks like it's going to be the solution or workaround for me too. I just recently switched from windows 7. I used f.lux on w7 and was now very excited to try out the built in solution of microsoft. Was very dissapointed. And it doesn't seem like a difficult function either... yet it has such bugs... MS software engineers need some more coffee maybe? :)