temps up by 10c+ :/

Brett_Bst

Top op one is before 

IMG_1112.thumb.JPG.93710a3a8f727f97e9c56b5034a3bcb3.JPGIMG_1115.thumb.JPG.10bc470ea9729a1230aaf8f8828a00bf.JPGHi all, I replaced thermal paste on my 7700K today which uses the H115i, after testing it before and after the temps have gone up by 10c aty least.

Is that the thermal paste or not seated correct ?

The paste on the first time was Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and I replaced it with Artic Silver 5.

So do I remove the h115i and try it again or replace paste again or give it a day or 2 to see what happens ?

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

3 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

Hi all, I replaced thermal paste on my 7700K today which uses the H115i, after testing it before and after the temps have gone up by 10c aty least.

Is that the thermal paste or not seated correct ?

The paste on the first time was Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and I replaced it with Artic Silver 5.

So do I remove the h115i and try it again or replace paste again or give it a day or 2 to see what happens ?

I would put my money on the cooler or paste not being correctly, I would reapply and make sure that the cooler is correct, Below I will include a guide that should get you even better results. 

Spoiler

1- Get some thermal paste, I have found artic silver 5 gives the best results, and some TIM cleaner, You could probably go with out, the TIM cleaner that is, it but it makes the job easier. Make sure you have an anti-static strap and your using it, its unlikely to matter anyway but better be safe then sorry. 
2- Disassemble you computer then remove the heatsink.Once you have taken the heat sink off, put some TIM remover onto some tissue, toilet paper will be fine, and gently wipe over the CPU/GPU/North bridge(Select as appropriate). until there is no paste left, not even a trace should be left. If the TIM isn’t coming off easily then you can put some directly onto the chip.
3- Wait 2-3 minutes, this lets the tim cleaner lifts what has been missed. 
4- Wipe all the surfaces you have just cleaned with a material like your t-shirt, a first run of this stage could be done with some tissue then your t-shirt but it doesn’t really matter as long as it is gone.
5- Apply a line of thermal paste in a parallel line to the longest edge on the CPU/GPU/North bridge.
6- Spread it out most TIM kits include a spreader but you can always use some cling film over the end of your finger, I found the spreader easier but your milage may vary; you want a thin layer over the whole die, making sure that you can't see the die, if there is some on the socket latch (or on the green part,Mobile chips) then its not too important but some people may remove it, I personally don’t bother.
7- Place the heat sink down at a one or two degree angle and then turn it so that the mounting holes are all align, then wait a few minutes, this allows the air to escape.
8- Tighten the screws down in a star like pattern, make them all finger tight and then go around with a screw driver, the heatsink shouldn’t move at all. 
9- Make sure that it is all tight and reassemble you computer.
Thermal paste doesn’t last long and should ideally be replaced yearly. 

Hope it helps, I might want to check that there are no kinks in the tubes, as water flow may be restricted. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is quite a bit better than Arctic Silver 5 and you may either not mounted the cooler properly all the way or your application of thermal paste was not great (which is more likely).

ok so I checked the paste after removing the cooler and the paste spread was perfect, so it must be the paste its self, I orderd a different paste now :D

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8