My Prospect Litecoin Mining Rig

Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case

http://amzn.to/IG2ChO

Gigabyte AMD FM2 A85X ATX

http://amzn.to/IDoQ3N (Notice the buy it used prices)

AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4Ghz

http://amzn.to/ILBBuc

Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX

http://amzn.to/1ixIaA7

2x: AXPowerColor R9 270X (Notice the Amazon new price is $229)

http://amzn.to/1eNCufM

Kingston Hyper X Blu 4 GB

http://amzn.to/188Ugv0

TP-LINK TG-3468 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit

(Because this rig will also be my media/home server and will have a script that will pause mining when a movie/file is requested)

http://amzn.to/1ax6vwa

And for hard drives I will be putting in hard drive/SSD that are in my current server.

Any thoughts and concerns? would love some feedback since this will be my first LTC rig right now getting 220 khash with my OC 660 ti with cuda miner...but the addiction has hit me...i need moarrrrrr!

Get a single R9 290 and an Arctic Accelero Xtreme III.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You can compare Hashrates here. https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

The build looks decent in that the essential components are not overpriced. I wouldn't recommend a case though, instead use a crate for an open air design. http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-hardware/

For only 2 GPU's you can use a case as it will produce heat, but not so much that a case causes a thermal throttle.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

You can compare Hashrates here. https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

The build looks decent in that the essential components are not overpriced. I wouldn't recommend a case though, instead use a crate for an open air design. http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-hardware/

For only 2 GPU's you can use a case as it will produce heat, but not so much that a case causes a thermal throttle.

Yea i was basing my purchase of those cards off that chart but a little wary of the validity of those hashrates since I don't exactly know if all have been validated but still is the best I've seen short of testing all the cards myself haha.

As for the case I understand the airflow issue but I have a cat issue so I can't unfortunately an open design like that at this point And time but I would love to have it like that in the future for further expansion. I'm a little confused at how the 1x to 16x risers work because wouldn't you still have 1x bandwidth? But I'm hoping once I'm able to have a place out of reach of the cats that I can move to a more air flow environment so that's why I tried to pick an affordable case that will have decent airflow and will serve is purpose for the mean time.

Thanks for taking the time guys. Just really ready to start taking mining more seriously and any above would be appreciate. And if anyone could shed some light on the differences with mining with massive pools as to a smaller pool that would be awesome (assuming both pools have the same share processing/fees methodology)

Those hashrates are for the most part achievable if you can keep the temps down and you get a card capable of high overclocks. Not all cards are equal, but finding settings for any particular card is just as crucial as getting lucky with a high overclocker.

Mining doesn't require much bandwidth between the GPU and motherboard, 1X is more than enough. Don't expect to be gaming with 1x speeds though.

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Is R9 270x the same as 7950?

Nope, it's a rebranded 7870.

Nope, it's a rebranded 7870.

Oh shoot thats what I thought it was...but it I just looked again think ill just be grabbing 2 280xs instead...especially since ltc prices been hovering at $40 for the last 12 hours or so

make sure you have a good flow of air

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

make sure you have a good flow of air

Actually thinking I might just do the plastic crate suggested and save some money on getting a case plus getting all that precious airflow. I'll just have to out it on a self somewhere the cats can't get too... And that's gonna be harder to do than mining btc and ltc at the same time haha

Actually thinking I might just do the plastic crate suggested and save some money on getting a case plus getting all that precious airflow. I'll just have to out it on a self somewhere the cats can't get too... And that's gonna be harder to do than mining btc and ltc at the same time haha

I thought about building mine out of PVC pipe. Make it look something like the InWin D-frame :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I thought about building mine out of PVC pipe. Make it look something like the InWin D-frame :D

If I felt like cutting a bunch of pvc I totally would haha but I'm gonna be doing this over my Christmas vacation so I'm gonna be lazy as f*** after this long semester haha I'll stick to drilling a couple holes in a crate but hell if you wanna cut and send me one I wouldn't mine (<<

Dont forget to post pics once you've built it :)

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Dont forget to post pics once you've built it :)

haha will do! Probably closer to January though since the holidays and gotta do all the IRL stuff that comes with the holidays haha

Oh shoot thats what I thought it was...but it I just looked again think ill just be grabbing 2 280xs instead...especially since ltc prices been hovering at $40 for the last 12 hours or so

Keep in mind, that the price has stayed roughly the same while the difficulty has increased 30% in the past 6 days. Mining profitability will continue to decline unless price per coin increases to maintain a steady ratio. Any calculator you use to check profits are only valid for a max of 3 days, as the difficulty adjusts every 3 days. With recent interest and everyone seeming to be building a miner difficulty will continue to increase and lower daily earnings substantially.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

I'm not saying mining wont be profitable, but it likely wont stay at this high of raw profit, the difficulty will increase to close the gap. It might be worthwhile to split your investment between mining hardware and purchasing coins directly.

Keep in mind, that the price has stayed roughly the same while the difficulty has increased 30% in the past 6 days. Mining profitability will continue to decline unless price per coin increases to maintain a steady ratio. Any calculator you use to check profits are only valid for a max of 3 days, as the difficulty adjusts every 3 days. With recent interest and everyone seeming to be building a miner difficulty will continue to increase and lower daily earnings substantially.

I'm not saying mining wont be profitable, but it likely wont stay at this high of raw profit, the difficulty will increase to close the gap. It might be worthwhile to split your investment between mining hardware and purchasing coins directly.

Yea i notice that as well as a few days ago I was mining .15 coins per day and now I'm down to .8 because of difficulty increase. It's definitely something to keep in mind however even with that in mind the 280xs can always be repurposed into my gaming rig eventually once difficulty raises too high

Yea i notice that as well as a few days ago I was mining .15 coins per day and now I'm down to .8 because of difficulty increase. It's definitely something to keep in mind however even with that in mind the 280xs can always be repurposed into my gaming rig eventually once difficulty raises too high

Exactly, you can even resell them if need be. As long as you're not jumping in expecting the current daily profits to be consistent over months/per year as most calculators give estimate for. Same things happens when people look at buying ASIC's for Bitcoin mining.

Exactly, you can even resell them if need be. As long as you're not jumping in expecting the current daily profits to be consistent over months/per year as most calculators give estimate for. Same things happens when people look at buying ASIC's for Bitcoin mining.

Yea it makes sense and there's always possibility to add more cards with raisers and whatnot to keep the difficulty at bay. But what's going to happen when the difficulty gets too high for average <2mhash Miners?

Yea it makes sense and there's always possibility to add more cards with raisers and whatnot to keep the difficulty at bay. But what's going to happen when the difficulty gets too high for average <2mhash Miners?

That's the beauty of coin mining. It's self regulated difficulty adjustments make it so mining always remains at least somewhat profitable. If mining becomes unprofitable a lot of miners leave, the difficulty then adjusts downward making it profitable again :) If none of the miners leave and the difficulty remains high. The miners then become reluctant to sell their coins at a loss and hold, which decreases liquidity supply, but leaves demand at the same. The price then increases to compensate.

There's always next generation hardware just on the horizon to help increase efficiency as well.

Off to mining feathercoins! :)

Off to mining feathercoins! :)

Wait I made a post about FTC not too long ago... let me find it....

Ah here it is.

snapback.png

did you know that FTC is 51% 'ed by someone  :P

FTC has been 51%'d several times.

It's no longer a decentralized currency either. They use centralized check points to fight when 51% attacks happen. Kind of providing a single point of failure in my opinion. if someone were to strong-arm the developer to implement a change that would be potentially damaging to their coin, they could place a checkpoint which doesn't require 51% of network consensus. In other words, FTC has a kill switch coded in.

Bitcoin and Litecoin do not have this kind of central control and any changes require a mass majority of the network to fully accept it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11026-bitcoin-q-a-ask-me-anything/?p=1147385

That's the beauty of coin mining. It's self regulated difficulty adjustments make it so mining always remains at least somewhat profitable. If mining becomes unprofitable a lot of miners leave, the difficulty then adjusts downward making it profitable again :) If none of the miners leave and the difficulty remains high. The miners then become reluctant to sell their coins at a loss and hold, which decreases liquidity supply, but leaves demand at the same. The price then increases to compensate.

There's always next generation hardware just on the horizon to help increase efficiency as well.

Wow this post actually explains ALLOT and does it in a way that makes sense. Thank you very much.

And of course ever since BTC has been in the news everyone's trying to jump on btc but see that it's too hard so they come to ltc but if they aren't super serious about mining ltc will eventually leave and lower the difficulty and thus allow the more serious guys to keep going with stronger profits. Of course I'm just speculating that after this whole news of btc blows over a decent amount of people will forget about mining and only come back once it's back in the new. But it really makes sense and it's and incredibly fascinating market now that I'm beginning to understand it more and more every hour.

On a slightly un-related note, in the spring I am planning on attending a local group that believes in free trade's meeting, since it is on btc. Of course the presentation is given by a local lawyer on the legality and such, but it should be interesting either way. Hopefully he isn't too one sided on it and I can bring up something about it (mining + crypto currency in general)

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd

On a slightly un-related note, in the spring I am planning on attending a local group that believes in free trade's meeting, since it is on btc. Of course the presentation is given by a local lawyer on the legality and such, but it should be interesting either way. Hopefully he isn't too one sided on it and I can bring up something about it (mining + crypto currency in general)

Sounds like a great opportunity to bring up some more awareness for cryptocurrency and what it has to offer!