Ubuntu crashing for no reason

Go to solution Solved by pentotark,
10 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

What could be happening here?

It might be a partition issue. I would try first to format once again the partitions linux created for the OS.

Hello! I today installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS alongside my current Windows 7. However, when i start up Ubuntu, it spews out a bunch of errors every 0.5-seconds ish, as shown here:

mQtVSG7.jpg

I used the "Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 7" option, and i didn't set any of the partitions (i also have no idea what partition dev/sda5 is, i can check). The strange thing is that, if i try to start Windows after this, it freezes after logging in (restarting again and not going into Ubuntu makes it work). I looked on the internet, and saw that it could be either one of these:

• The HDD
  • The PSU

I tested the HDD using chkdsk (returned fine) and the WMIC SMART test (returned "OK"). After that, i checked the voltages in the BIOS. 3V, 5V and 12V were just at their right values, nothing out of the ordinary. 

Also, Ubuntu DOES startup (sometimes!), but it takes a ton of time and even then, you can expect any program freezing after 15-30 seconds then letting you use it a bit more, and the cycle repeats. And it isn't fully functional.

What could be happening here?

Specs:

Motherboard: H81M-S1 rev. 2.1

RAM: 1x8 GB Kingston RAM

HDD: Western Digital 10 something

SSD: none

PSU: 80+ Bronze one, not very high quality

CPU: i3-4160

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

bump since inactive for 48+ hours

(does this count as necroposting?)

Will reinstall Ubuntu by manually making the partitions. Will post if doesn't work, and mark pentotark's answer as solved if it works.

EDIT: Works.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux