Service Provider Suggestions

13 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Currently I use Ting with my Samsung Galaxy S7, and have been using it for around two years without any major issues (Aside from shit coverage in some areas that I frequent), however I'm wanting to switch to a different service provider as Ting gets too expensive once you start using a reasonable amount of minutes/texts/data.

I'm located in SE Michigan, USA. I'd prefer to keep the plan to $40 USD maximum.

A few things I want from it...

- Unlimited talk and text

- At least 2GB of data

- Tethering enabled (I sometimes need to use my laptop tethered to my phone, and would rather not have to pay extra for this.)

- Good coverage (4G/LTE)

- Decent data speeds (At least 4Mb/s is good)

- Reasonable technical support (As long as they're better than Comcast, I can handle them.)

- Supports BYOD (I don't want to have to buy a new phone, I'd rather just bring my Galaxy S7 [International Unlocked, GSM] over with me)

I'm considering Cricket right now, though have heard fairly mixed reviews on it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I would have suggested T Mobile until I seen what your willing to pay. As all they offer now is like the T Mobile One plans. Which are going to cost more than that. As far as BYOD, you need to stick with the GSM providers. Like T Mobile and AT&T or the smaller carriers who use their network. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I would have suggested T Mobile until I seen what your willing to pay. As all they offer now is like the T Mobile One plans. Which are going to cost more than that. As far as BYOD, you need to stick with the GSM providers. Like T Mobile and AT&T or the smaller carriers who use their network. 

Looks like I'm on T-Mobile with Ting's GSM network, and their coverage is pretty meh, so I think I'll be going with something on AT&T's network instead.

I'm stuck between Cricket and AT&T Prepaid at the moment, though would consider others as long as they're decent.

Looks like AT&T Prepaid (GoPhone) has way faster speeds for data, so I'm leaning that way...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W