Windows 7 and Kaby Lake

Go to solution Solved by ZeroMo,

Ok Thanks Guys :D

ill go with skylake and let them try windows 10...then they can decide on their own whats more to their liking.

and thanks for the tipp with teamviewer. Should make shit easier in the future :D 

much thanks guys.

Hey 
I am building a system for my Parents and they still have windows 7 on their old PC. And they dont want to change to windows 10. 
My problem is the dickmove Microsoft did with stopping support for Win 7 on Kaby lake CPUs. Are the only two solutions to either stick with older hardware like Haswell to be sure windows 7 works at least until 2020 when they kill it ultimatly or convincing my parents to switch to win 10? The Problem is i live like 300-400 kilometers away from my parents and cant just come over to troubleshoot some issue (sadly) so i need a system which has little issues to begin with.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Zer0Mo

So the problem is that you need a new pc for your parents that MUST run Windows 7?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, ZeroMo said:

Hey 
I am building a system for my Parents and they still have windows 7 on their old PC. And they dont want to change to windows 10. 
My problem is the dickmove Microsoft did with stopping support for Win 7 on Kaby lake CPUs. Are the only two solutions to either stick with older hardware like Haswell to be sure windows 7 works at least until 2020 when they kill it ultimatly or convincing my parents to switch to win 10? The Problem is i live like 300-400 kilometers away from my parents and cant just come over to troubleshoot some issue (sadly) so i need a system which has little issues to begin with.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Zer0Mo

You can troubleshoot most of the problems with Team Viewer like softwares since they will be OS related and not hardware.

Anyway, it will work on Kaby Lake. You might have the same issues as a new hardware but the OS it's much likely gonna work smooth.

Ok Thanks Guys :D

ill go with skylake and let them try windows 10...then they can decide on their own whats more to their liking.

and thanks for the tipp with teamviewer. Should make shit easier in the future :D 

much thanks guys.

Teamviewer: Set up unattended access, just do it, I didn't and ended up having to drive 90 minutes to tick a checkbox.

2 hours ago, ozzynotwood said:

Teamviewer: Set up unattended access, just do it, I didn't and ended up having to drive 90 minutes to tick a checkbox.

A tip for if you didn't know yet: Windows 10 includes an app called "quick assist" which doesn't need to be set up or anything. While in quick assist you could also remotely install Teamviewer if needed. xD

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

1 hour ago, MSWindowsinside said:

A tip for if you didn't know yet: Windows 10 includes an app called "quick assist" which doesn't need to be set up or anything. While in quick assist you could also remotely install Teamviewer if needed. xD

Anything that stops me having to drive long distances to resize a window for the elderly is a good tip, thanks! :D