Help with my first pc build

Hi friends from LTT

I'm new to the "pc" world, I was mostly a console "peasant" (insert pc master race joke) because I didn't want to take the risk of buying/making my own pc, thanks to all the information that Linus and the team gave me through the YouTube channels, I decided to start my project, obviously with nice components and all that good stuff (including RGB).

I started this project since may by comparing parts, watching what was good and a lot of amazon and newegg research, I bought my pieces and carefully put it together and it worked.. but not as expected.

pc parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cris399/saved/MWD8K8

Everything is working perfectly but as you can tell by the title, i didn't came here to show you my pc

-----------video to see the problem, please watch before reading my second part----------

-----------video to see the problem, please watch before reading my second part----------

First: when I turn on my pc, the rgb in the motherboard turns on, It is supposed to work like that?

second: the power on button isn't working, I don't know where it goes 

Third: pc starting from the usb 2.0 port (yes, If you saw the video you'll understand)

And that's basically it, I really need help with this, I don't know if it was "obvious" because as I said, This is my first pc building 

Any kind of help will be appreciated

Edit: I know it doesn't have agraphics card (it will arrive soon) but I don't think it has something to interfere in the principal problem 

Edited by cris_cardenas_1

Have you traced your MOBO headers? Also if the PC boots what happens if you plug a USB device into the USB port? Any shorts?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

3 hours ago, TheGeeker said:

Have you traced your MOBO headers? Also if the PC boots what happens if you plug a USB device into the USB port? Any shorts?

Yes and pluggin the usb cable into the usb 2.0 port is the same as pushing the turn on button 

also, not any shorts

Edited by cris_cardenas_1

3 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

Did you plug in the power button? 

I have it plugged but I don't actually know where is supposed to be 

1. It's normal for the LEDs to light up when there's power.

2. Seems like you messed up the front I/O connectors, consult your motherboard manual.

3. It may be USB power on or something, there's such a setting in BIOS.

3 hours ago, Snipeon said:

1. It's normal for the LEDs to light up when there's power.

2. Seems like you messed up the front I/O connectors, consult your motherboard manual.

3. It may be USB power on or something, there's such a setting in BIOS.

1. thanks, I don't have to worry about that

2. I was supposed to connect them somewhere else?

3. Any extra information about this? also, do I have to check my motherboard manual to see where the pw cable goes?

Just now, cris_cardenas_1 said:

1. thanks, I don't have to worry about that

2. I was supposed to connect them somewhere else?

3. Any extra information about this? also, do I have to check my motherboard manual to see where the pw cable goes?

2. Consult your motherboard manual, it has a section on where and how to plug in your I/O headers.

3. I'll get back to you on the extra info later, too lazy to restart my computer to check BIOS. The power on headers are in the I/O headers section. As said, consult your motherboard manual.

9 minutes ago, cris_cardenas_1 said:

I have it plugged but I don't actually know where is supposed to be 

Go to page 57. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_HERO/E12186_MAXIMUS_IX_HERO_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

Look for the "Q connector" and make sure all your power cables and such are lined up properly. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

3 hours ago, Snipeon said:

2. Consult your motherboard manual, it has a section on where and how to plug in your I/O headers.

3. I'll get back to you on the extra info later, too lazy to restart my computer to check BIOS. The power on headers are in the I/O headers section. As said, consult your motherboard manual.

Sorry for asking a lot (first building), thank you very much and I'll check the manual

3 hours ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I just feel bad that you bought a 7700K when the 8700K is coming out next month.

I'm used to way slower things than a 7700k so getting an actual 7700k is a reallly big step in my everyday life, also, I'll be upgrading this baby every year :)

Just now, cris_cardenas_1 said:

I'm used to way slower things than a 7700k so getting an actual 7700k is a reallly big step in my everyday life, also, I'll be upgrading this baby every year :)

every 2-3 years is the sweetspot if you're interested in value xD

1 minute ago, cris_cardenas_1 said:

Alright. By the way, when you do upgrade you will also need to get a Z370 board.

3 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

every 2-3 years is the sweetspot if you're interested in value xD

I'll like performance ;)
Also, I just saw my mistake with the link you gave me, fixing this tomorrow, I really appreciate your help ^-^ 

3 hours ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Alright. By the way, when you do upgrade you will also need to get a Z370 board.

Upgrading requires more than just the processor :D and yep, at least than and In a year, there will be newer/better stuff

1 hour ago, CUDA_Cores said:

uhhhhhhhhhhh...

That's like saying "did you fill the car starter keyhole with gasoline" lol. 

I don't know a better way to word it with the same level of effort. 

I believe this may be a front panel connector issue like they weren't plugged in at the right spots. 

08e5a3e387c6511756ae059598d0a6ed.png
https://gyazo.com/08e5a3e387c6511756ae059598d0a6ed   

This should help you your front panel connectors should be labeled.

d8f66a71bf1dea31a0836d491a9977c4.png
https://gyazo.com/d8f66a71bf1dea31a0836d491a9977c4

Just make sure your front panel usb 2.0 connector isnt in the front panel connector. I think that is the problem let me know if it works!

The two connectors looks similar but are most definitely different.

Don't know if you have found it yet, but...way back when I did my first PC build I connected power to reset and reset to power so there would be a flash of power on startup (your RGB lights flashing) but when I pushed power it would briefly power on then nothing.  This sounds (maybe somewhat similar?). So I would check for that.