Opinion on case and motherboard

weed

Opinion on case and motherboard  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is the MSI B350 Gaming M3 any good?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is the Corsair Carbide 100R any good?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

After my sort of flame war on my last opinion post im going to make sure not to anger anyone and i hope it wont happen again here, ok to the main point of this post im getting an MSI B350 Gaming M3 motherboard soon and a Corsair Carbide 100R, does anyone have any of those 2 if you do, tell me if they are any good, please do not recommend other motherboards unless you personally have the B350 Gaming M3 and hate it.

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

that case is garbage get an S340

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

that case is garbage get an S340

Its the only "good looking" case i can get in my  budget and me living in an overpriced where a 70$ RX550 is 115$ in my country, you can imagine how hard is it to find good looking cases for a low amount of money

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

Workstation:

1 minute ago, weed said:

Its the only "good looking" case i can get in my  budget and me living in an overpriced where a 70$ RX550 is 115$ in my country, you can imagine how hard is it to find good looking cases for a low amount of money

k then get a used Define R5 or something

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, dave_k said:

B350 Gaming M3? Whats that?

Shit i meant a normal B350 Gaming motherboard, my bad.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

Shit i meant a normal B350 Gaming motherboard, my bad.

Wew.

Whatacha wanna hear bout that.

Garbage.

Do you need red scheme or you are hardcore MSI fanboy?

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just now, dave_k said:

Wew.

Whatacha wanna hear bout that.

Garbage.

Do you need red scheme or you are hardcore MSI fanboy?

Not a hardcore MSI fanboy, i like MSI, and its the only cheap good motherboard which i can get with my not very big budget.

Specs

Workstation:

1 minute ago, weed said:

Not a hardcore MSI fanboy, i like MSI, and its the only cheap good motherboard which i can get with my not very big budget.

Have you looked for Asus Prime B350 Plus?

Which CPU will u get?

Just now, dave_k said:

Have you looked for Asus Prime B350 Plus?

Which CPU will u get?

The CPU is not a problem, i already had a flame war yesterday about it, i have looked into the Asus Prime B350 Plus but its about 55$ more expensive than the MSI one in my country.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

The CPU is not a problem, i already had a flame war yesterday about it, i have looked into the Asus Prime B350 Plus but its about 55$ more expensive than the MSI one in my country.

Thats painful.

Well, still the MSI is better than Gigabyte so until youre getting R7 then fine.

Just now, dave_k said:

Thats painful.

Well, still the MSI is better than Gigabyte so until youre getting R7 then fine.

If you dont mind me asking why do you hate MSI and i thought Gigabyte were better than MSI.

Specs

Workstation:

1 minute ago, weed said:

If you dont mind me asking why do you hate MSI and i thought Gigabyte were better than MSI.

I dont hate them. I always liked them so much.

But after two AM4 mobo experience i stopped liking them.

And their AM4s suck from the hardware side of things as well.

So unless there is a no other choice, i dont recommend them.

Most Gigabyte AM4s suck the hardest lol

Just now, dave_k said:

Sounds lik you've got a history, i saw in your signature that you got a ASUS ROG Strix B350-F how is it like im thinking of cheaping out on my CPU and getting a better motherboard and then a better CPU in the future.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

Sounds lik you've got a history, i saw in your signature that you got a ASUS ROG Strix B350-F how is it like im thinking of cheaping out on my CPU and getting a better motherboard and then a better CPU in the future.

You could get Prime B350 Plus.

It is cheaper than the Strix but similiar in the things that matter the most.

Just now, dave_k said:

You could get Prime B350 Plus.

It is cheaper than the Strix but similiar in the things that matter the most.

Thank you for that information, i've got to go anyways so see ya.

Specs

Workstation:

6 minutes ago, dave_k said:

so no gigabyte or msi for a ryzen build?

i used msi and gigabyte boards for all the intel builds i did in the past few years but i don't know if they are any good on am4

24 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

so no gigabyte or msi for a ryzen build?

i used msi and gigabyte boards for all the intel builds i did in the past few years but i don't know if they are any good on am4

Avoid gigabyte except the two highest end models.

The MSI ones are better, but they get crushed by others in everything but higher end B350.

They are lacking on the VRM side of things. 

Like XPower has VRM that would be competitive in B350, not high end X370.

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

They are lacking on the VRM side of things.

i heard about how cheap B350 boards have bad VRMs 

does that apply to asrock as well ?

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

i heard about how cheap B350 boards have bad VRMs 

does that apply to asrock as well ?

Not entirely.

It is not bad from the mosfet side of things but it lacks voltage control.

@johndms had big problems with it.

The problem is that the used ISL95712 viltage controller is not digi, so you cant set LLC or anything and it is only 3 phase.