7700 vs 1600 and ram opinion

timtexx
Just now, timtexx said:

its 50€ more here ;(

Then get the one you linked, that's a much better deal.  It's only about 17€ more in the US with sales.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

8700K will match R7 1800X's multicore at the best

And will destroy its single thread performance and have a higher ipc

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Then get the one you linked, that's a much better deal.  It's only about 17€ more in the US with sales.

oke, do u maybe know if the fps will drop bad if i stay wiht my ballistix 2400 mhz? ddr4

5 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

Sources say 8700k is going to completely blow Ryzen out of the water because they have competition now

That's a huge exaggeration.  Besides, at launch the 8700K is probably going to be around $500.  They're already jacking up MSRP to $400.

1 minute ago, timtexx said:

oke, do u maybe know if the fps will drop bad if i stay wiht my ballistix 2400 mhz? ddr4

If you were buying new RAM I'd definitely say go with 3200MHz RAM.  Realistically though, we're talking about a 10FPS difference at most.  Keep the RAM you have for now, and high frequency RAM can be a viable upgrade option down the line.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

That's a huge exaggeration.  Besides, at launch the 8700K is probably going to be around $500.  They're already jacking up MSRP to $400.

yea , and i wan tto give 300 for a cpu and a mobo :D not 500 for onyl the cpu , dotn have that kind of money nor do i care about that kind of boost :D

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you were buying new RAM I'd definitely say go with 3200MHz RAM.  Realistically though, we're talking about a 10FPS difference at most.  Keep the RAM you have for now, and high frequency RAM can be a viable upgrade option down the line.

I wont be buying new ram atm , ill buy em later down the road maybe in a year or so :D but i just wnat stable 60 , i have a 480 rx

Just now, timtexx said:

I wont be buying new ram atm , ill buy em later down the road maybe in a year or so :D but i just wnat stable 60 , i have a 480 rx

You'll be fine then.

You'll be fine then.

ok , thank you :D i usually limit my my fps to 60 so my gpu runs nice and quiet ;D so i dont need more anyway 

26 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

And will destroy its single thread performance and have a higher ipc

By few percent. For example, in CPU-Z bench i am touching 90% of 7700K Single-core with R5 at 3.9GHz

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

2 minutes ago, dave_k said:

By few percent. For example, in CPU-Z bench i am touching 90% of 7700K Single-core with R5 at 3.9GHz

Its a fact that AMD right now has the better procesor for price , i was just thinking about 7700 bcoz i have a mobo that fits the cpu :D

The 8700K is also using the same garbage Thermal paste as 7th gen meaning it will require a very good cooler to avoid overheating. It will also require an expensive Z370 board. In short, it will be about 200$ more expensive if you want something that doesn't melt.

48 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Was talking about 8700k

2 hours ago, timtexx said:

Hello i have a 6100 and i posted this already but i have second toughts again :D im soon gonna upgrade my cpu since its bottlenecking in games like bf1 and gta 5 which i like to play , so i coudl upgrade to a 7700 non k or for 300€ or get a new mobo and buy a ryzen 1600 for the same price , would i lose a lot of 1080p peroromance if i want locked 60 fps with 2400 mhz ram? I dont care about 300fps but i do care about stable 60 fps in games like bf1 :D

7700 for gaming

ryzen for workstation

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

49 minutes ago, timtexx said:

Its a fact that AMD right now has the better procesor for price , i was just thinking about 7700 bcoz i have a mobo that fits the cpu :D

7700 performs better in games.

Only get a ryzen if you do else than gaming, or if you don't mind to get a little less performance in games, like if you play in 60 hz 60 fps won't make any difference to get the 7700k 

ryzen is not that exciting to be honest, unless you do a lot of rendering etc.. or if your on a budget since i5 doesn't make sense anymore...

But if you just look for the best gaming performance, its obviously the 7700K

But at that point, id say wait for the 8700K its going to be worth it 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

19 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Only get a ryzen if you do else than gaming, or if you don't mind to get a little less performance in games, like if you play in 60 hz 60 fps won't make any difference to get the 7700k 

ryzen is not that exciting to be honest, unless you do a lot of rendering etc.. or if your on a budget since i5 doesn't make sense anymore...

Streaming as a hobby , so i ryzen is a better choice i think 

Just now, timtexx said:

Streaming as a hobby , so i ryzen is a better choice i think 

19 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Also as i said i lock my fps to 60 fps since i use a 60 fps monitor and i plan on getting a new monitor with 60 or 75 hz again  , dont want to spent to much money on video games :D