7700 vs 1600 and ram opinion

timtexx

Hello i have a 6100 and i posted this already but i have second toughts again :D im soon gonna upgrade my cpu since its bottlenecking in games like bf1 and gta 5 which i like to play , so i coudl upgrade to a 7700 non k or for 300€ or get a new mobo and buy a ryzen 1600 for the same price , would i lose a lot of 1080p peroromance if i want locked 60 fps with 2400 mhz ram? I dont care about 300fps but i do care about stable 60 fps in games like bf1 :D

dont get the 7700, ryzen has a much better upgrade path down the line, its a much more powerful cpu in terms of raw power, its more efficient, its overclokable, it comes with a better cooler, it runs cooler, 

no problem running 60fps at all, only in the 100++ do you see any significant differences 

The locked 7700 is not really faster than Ryzen. The only reason the 7700K is faster in gaming is because it has higher clockspeed but you lose that with the locked 7700. Adding to that, Ryzen usually delivers better 1%/0.1% lows (minimum fps) so I'd probably go for the 1600.

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

dont get the 7700, ryzen has a much better upgrade path down the line, its a much more powerful cpu in terms of raw power, its more efficient, its overclokable, it comes with a better cooler, it runs cooler, 

no problem running 60fps at all, only in the 100++ do you see any significant differences 

yea but will it still do good with my 2400 mhz ram ddr4?  I cant buy new ram at the moment , maybe in a year 

Just now, timtexx said:

yea but will it still do good with my 2400 mhz ram ddr4?  I cant buy new ram at the moment , maybe in a year 

no problem

2 minutes ago, NewReborn said:

The locked 7700 is not really faster than Ryzen. The only reason the 7700K is faster in gaming is because it has higher clockspeed but you lose that with the locked 7700. Adding to that, Ryzen usually delivers better 1%/0.1% lows (minimum fps) so I'd probably go for the 1600.

I want better lows , ihate spikes in games :P

4 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

no problem

Can you reccomen da good chea mobo? for OC

Just now, timtexx said:

just avoid, gigabyte and msi, as one of those have problems with bad bios and stability,  because this socket will be supported until 2020 aka ryzen 3, i would advise you to spend a bit more and get something like the b350-f which as a much better vrm and good audio. by 2020 you can just pop a 12core+ chip in there and be happy for a long time (12 core coming with ryzen 2)

6 minutes ago, timtexx said:

For R3 anything

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just now, dave_k said:

For R3 anything

Ill go with the r5 1600 :D

With Ryzen, I wouldn't go cheap with the motherboard.  You don't have to get top of the line, but also don't go bottom of the barrel.  An Asus STRIX motherboard is a good choice IMO.

4 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

just avoid, gigabyte and msi, as one of those have problems with bad bios and stability,  because this socket will be supported until 2020 aka ryzen 3, i would advise you to spend a bit more and get something like the b350-f which as a much better vrm and good audio. by 2020 you can just pop a 12core+ chip in there and be happy for a long time (12 core coming with ryzen 2)

I'm never buying Gigabyte again.  They totally gave up on driver/utility updates for a motherboard I bought after less than a year, and it REALLY needed updates.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

what about asus?

Just now, dave_k said:

Strix B350-F, MSI B350 Krait/Carbon

Cant find any of those in my shops ... Maybe asus http://www.agt.si/racunalniska-oprema/maticneplosce/asus-prime-n350-plus.html ? what abotu this one? 

8 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

Thats a gross overstatement.

Strix B350-F should not be recommended for serious R7 OC.

Wanna see a 12 core in there.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

With Ryzen, I wouldn't go cheap with the motherboard.  You don't have to get top of the line, but also don't go bottom of the barrel.  An Asus STRIX motherboard is a good choice IMO.

I'm never buying Gigabyte again.  They totally gave up on driver/utility updates for a motherboard I bought after less than a year, and it REALLY needed updates.

http://www.agt.si/racunalniska-oprema/maticneplosce/asus-prime-n350-plus.html is this good? :)

1 minute ago, timtexx said:

what about asus?

Cant find any of those in my shops ... Maybe asus http://www.agt.si/racunalniska-oprema/maticneplosce/asus-prime-n350-plus.html ? what abotu this one? 

Prime B350 Plus is stripped down Strix.

Absolutely OK on budget.

Just now, Colin Donoghue said:

Wait for coffee lake 8700k

fuck intel with their prices hehe :P

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

Prime B350 Plus is stripped down Strix.

Absolutely OK on budget.

ok thx 

4 minutes ago, timtexx said:

It's not bad.  I have no idea what prices are in your country.  if the STRIX isn't that much more expensive, I'd go with it.  Otherwise, that one is a good choice.

2 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

Wait for coffee lake 8700k

The 8700K is going to be even more expensive than the 7700K, and significantly more so at launch because of scalping.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, timtexx said:

fuck intel with their prices hehe :P

Sources say 8700k is going to completely blow Ryzen out of the water because they have competition now

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

It's not bad.  I have no idea what prices are in your country.  if the STRIX isn't that much more expensive, I'd go with it.  Otherwise, that one is a good choice.

its 50€ more here ;(

Sources say 8700k is going to completely blow Ryzen out of the water because they have competition now

8700K will match R7 1800X's multicore at the best

yea but even if they do , i dotn care about maximum fps , and 300 fps as i said , i just wan ta capable budget cpu , i dotn want to spend another 500€ or more on a cpu :P