Overheating, temps inconsistent

https://gyazo.com/73593489a36a97d6cf25e72598235d5e

this gif speaks for its self.

I bought a laptop. Eurocom tornado f5. put a 7700k in it and the temps are way to high. i get that a desktop chip isnt meant to be cooled by a laptop. 

1st question.. Should I look at under clocking/ undervolting? will going down to say.. 3.6ghz and lowering the volts help much?

2nd question. What the **** is going on with those temps jumping around like that. i have reseated the cooler 3x with Artic Silver 5 thermal paste.

2 minutes ago, Moderateshadow said:

I bought a laptop. Eurocom tornado f5. put a 7700k in it and the temps are way to high. i get that a desktop chip isnt meant to be cooled by a laptop. 

1st question.. Should I look at under clocking/ undervolting? will going down to say.. 3.6ghz and lowering the volts help much?

2nd question. What the **** is going on with those temps jumping around like that. i have reseated the cooler 3x with Artic Silver 5 thermal paste.

Under volting does indeed drop temps down alot because it removes the excess power given to the cpu

7 minutes ago, Sage_Masters said:

Under volting does indeed drop temps down alot because it removes the excess power given to the cpu

was looking into it after writing this post.. went to the bios and there is no option for it. probably cause its a laptop lol. 

23 minutes ago, Moderateshadow said:

The i7 7700K is known for being temp jumpy, mine is sorta even with with delids and custom water. What is the cooler like on the laptop, I've seen the i7 7700K used a few times in laptops, almost always badly actually. 

Yours faithfully

5 hours ago, Moderateshadow said:

was looking into it after writing this post.. went to the bios and there is no option for it. probably cause its a laptop lol. 

You can try using intels extreme tuning utility, it may be able to do it if the laptop didn't lock it down also