Google acquires HTC

NumLock21

Google-and-HTC.jpg

Google has acquired HTC for the amount of $1.1 billion or about NT$33 billion.

HTC said it will continue to develop its own brand of smart phones, is still actively preparing for the next generation of flagship mobile phone. For the number of employees incorporated into Google, HTC said that about 2,000 people or so.

According to HTC's major news, Google will be involved in the construction of Pixel mobile phone hTC team members and related staff to join Google and buy some of the relevant assets of the Company, and some intellectual property rights to non-exclusive license to Google

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/htc出售pixel部門-總金額11億美元-021358740.html

Google Translate

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Ftw.news.yahoo.com%2Fhtc%E5%87%BA%E5%94%AEpixel%E9%83%A8%E9%96%80-%E7%B8%BD%E9%87%91%E9%A1%8D11%E5%84%84%E7%BE%8E%E5%85%83-021358740.html&edit-text=

edit: link to article from The Verge

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16340108/google-htc-smartphone-team-acquisition-announced

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Maybe Google can HTC help this company.

wait.. coughs motorola 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

wait.. coughs motorola 

Attempt #2

11 minutes ago, themctipers said:

wait.. coughs motorola 

I don't see the issue with motorola, I have had many of there phones. They are like rocks. Redundant, Lit, and Bae

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

I don't see the issue with motorola, I have had many of there phones. They are like rocks. Redundant, Lit, and Bae

google bought motorola then sold motorola 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

google bought motorola then sold motorola 

Ah? Is that a bad thing?

The geek himself.

So apparently this might all be a misunderstanding?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So apparently this might all be a misunderstanding?

Mmhmm. The first sentence of this press release confirms it's a misunderstanding.

Google (NASDAQ: GOOG, GOOGL) and HTC Corporation (TWSE: 2498) today announced a definitive agreement under which certain HTC employees – many of whom are already working with Google to develop Pixel smartphones – will join Google.

Don't see anything about Google acquiring HTC there. Go to my thread if you want a more accurate interpretation of the news :P 

14 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Ah? Is that a bad thing?

Not that it was a bad thing, more like it wasn't what most people expected, google being a top smartphone manufacturer.

In the interest of not having the discussion split across two threads, I'm locking this now.  @NumLock21 if you can effectively refute what @Daring has posted, then I'll make changes but for the time being it seems his article is more accurate.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.