PC Appraisal

I've had my current gaming PC for around a year and I want to upgrade to a much better one but I need some more money to do it. To get this money, I thought I would sell my current to be able to afford better parts.
My PC is the Asus ROG G20AJ with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, Intel i7 4790 quad core, 12GB RAM, 1TB Hard-drive with 100GB SSD. If you need anymore information I can find it out.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vsQMsJ PC I am going to buy.

the 7700k is not much better than the 4790, if you really need to, sell the 4790 and upgrade to a 4790k and then upgrade the graphics card

if you really want to upgrade then wait for coffee lake 

What I was trying to say was I want to sell my current PC instead of just upgrading the parts since it is a prebuilt and the case is fucked inside so nothing can fit.

I am waiting for coffee lake to buy the cpu but I need to get a price of the ASUS PC first. 

InsideAsus.jpg

wait for Coffee Lake, you can get another two just as good cores for no more, thats about it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Swesaera said:

What I was trying to say was I want to sell my current PC instead of just upgrading the parts since it is a prebuilt and the case is fucked inside so nothing can fit.

I am waiting for coffee lake to buy the cpu but I need to get a price of the ASUS PC first. 

InsideAsus.jpg

I would say you could get £500 for it or £400 for a quick sale.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

what country? in the uk people would sell that for over a thousand pounds

Are you sure? for used? considering I bought it for like £1200 a year ago. I do live in the UK.

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

I would say you could get £500 for it or £400 for a quick sale.

I was thinking around £500-700 because my friend sold his Alienware laptop, which was around 2 and a half years old, with quite bad specs for £450

3 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

what country? in the uk people would sell that for over a thousand pounds

People are nuts and some people would like the RRP of their PCs. So let the people ask whatever they like.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, Swesaera said:

Are you sure? for used? considering I bought it for like £1200 a year ago. I do live in the UK.

I was thinking around £500-700 because my friend sold his Alienware laptop, which was around 2 and a half years old, with quite bad specs for £450

if youre uk based youll be able to undermine people very easily as people still sell fx systems for 800, id go 600 at least however anything above would be fine

1 minute ago, Swesaera said:

alternatively post it and ask for offers

Just now, ImNotThere said:

if youre uk based youll be able to undermine people very easily as people still sell fx systems for 800, id go 600 at least however anything above would be fine

Any website recommendations for selling it? I know Ebay is pretty much the go-to but I was wondering if there were any more.

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

alternatively post it and ask for offers

I can always list it at a extreme price, have people offer me a lower price which is around what I want and sell them that.

2 minutes ago, Swesaera said:

Any website recommendations for selling it? I know Ebay is pretty much the go-to but I was wondering if there were any more.

ebay, gumtree and if those fail, facebook marketplace, christmas is coming up so if you be flashy and call it top of the range or some crap and say its a bargain some facebook mum will buy it for their kid

1 minute ago, Swesaera said:

A laptop will always be more expensive so not a good comparison.

If you'd sell it to a non techie then yes, you could get £600-£700.

But for someone that know what he's buying that SFF would be definitely a put off. No upgrade path to k variants as the mobo is a B85 one (I'm 100% sure). The PSU won't allow a beefier graphics card and SFX PSU are expensive to upgrade. Also limited by the graphics card to a founders edition/blower style.

Just now, r3loAded said:

A laptop will always be more expensive so not a good comparison.

If you'd sell it to a non techie then yes, you could get £600-£700.

But for someone that know what he's buying that SFF would be definitely a put off. No upgrade path to k variants as the mobo is a B85 one (I'm 100% sure). The PSU won't allow a beefier graphics card and SFX PSU are expensive to upgrade. Also limited by the graphics card to a founders edition/blower style.

Yeah tbh I got fucked when I bought it. Overpaid for a rather average PC which has no upgrade capability. I didn't really know that much about computers then. I am a prime example of how they can just market it as a great top range pc and just bait people in.

4 minutes ago, Swesaera said:

Bear in mind that selling on eBay will reduce your final take home money because:

- eBay fee - 8%

- PayPal fee - 3.4% + 20p

That's a total 11.4%+20p out of the final price (including postage).

So my strong suggestion. stick to Gumtree, Shpock and Facebook. but do remember that possible buyers will low ball you as hell.

Just now, r3loAded said:

Bear in mind that selling on eBay will reduce your final take home money because:

- eBay fee - 8%

- PayPal fee - 3.4% + 20p

That's a total 11.4%+20p out of the final price (including postage).

So my strong suggestion. stick to Gumtree, Shpock and Facebook. but do remember that possible buyers will low ball you as hell.

Yeah I'm not gonna fall for the "im an ethiopian student in UK and I am in desperate need of this pc but I am short £300" shit that my friend got when he listed on Ebay.

1 hour ago, Swesaera said:

Intel i7 4790 8-core

Uh, it's not an 8 core. The entire system is worth £450-500. You could probably get a bit more than that for it, depending on where you sell it.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

3 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Uh, it's not an 8 core. The entire system is worth £450-500. You could probably get a bit more than that for it, depending on where you sell it.

Very similar with my appraisal :D

4 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

My system says 8-core and always has in DXDIAG,  I always thought it was weird that it said 8-core but idk

Just now, Swesaera said:

My system says 8-core and always has in DXDIAG

4 threads (quad core) - 8 threads. Those are threads (virtual cores) not physical cores.

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

4 threads (quad core) - 8 threads. Those are threads (virtual cores) not physical cores.

There is still a lot I don't know about PC's and specs.

Just now, Swesaera said:

There is still a lot I don't know about PC's and specs.

No worries. That's why we're here: To help each other as much as possible.

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it. I did forget to mention that I am not selling it now, but at around just before Christmas so I will be able to rise the price a bit and then I am buying my parts after Christmas when prices drop.