External and Internal drive bays?

Kush
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

@Kush, ah yes. So what @LinusTech means by external in this case isn't HDD. He refers external as device which uses 3.5" mount but has interface outside of case. Something like fan controller, led controller, card reader, extra usb ports and so on. Case comes with one adapter to use external mount but you can choose to use it as HDD mount also without the external adapter.

I hope this clarified things for you.

hi. I was just watching linustechtips review on a case and he said you could fit 2 external 3.5 drives at the top and couple more internal drives at the bottom. What does that mean? and does it make a difference?

Extra question: Whats the best arrangement for 1 2.5 ssd and 2 3.5 hdd in a case for best cooling? No optical drive so I can do that external drive thing at the top. 

For SSD need for cooling is minimal. For HDDs I would go for active fan cooling, so that you have intake flowing over them and have one free slot between them.

On external and internal. Since those mean outside case and inside case I really curious to hear it myself. Could you link which video that was in? To mount 3.5/2.5" drive on 5.25" slot you'll need adapter either sold separetly or provided with case. There are also special brackets that turn two 5.25" mounts to three 4.5" mounts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hey thanks for the reply, I don't know why but I cant link. The video is " Fractal Design Arc Midi Gaming Case Unboxing and first look" by linustechtips. At about the 8:45 mark. Thanks

@Kush, ah yes. So what @LinusTech means by external in this case isn't HDD. He refers external as device which uses 3.5" mount but has interface outside of case. Something like fan controller, led controller, card reader, extra usb ports and so on. Case comes with one adapter to use external mount but you can choose to use it as HDD mount also without the external adapter.

I hope this clarified things for you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv