Need help with choosing 4K TV

atrash

I'm currently looking into getting a new 4K TV. Usage will be mostly playing PS4 games and just general internet browsing from my MacBook Pro. These are my options to choose from;

Toshiba 49U7650VM

LG 49UJ630T

Sharp Aquos 50UA330X

Sony 49X7000E

These are listed from cheapest to most expensive btw with the price gap about $150 so not that much difference.

Which one would be the best feature wise for my use case scenario? My go to website is www.lazada.com.my but any other suggestions are welcomed too. Thanks

20 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

why though? 

Ps4 or the pro? neither of them have 4k or real 4k 

ps4 pro does

28 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

why though? 

Ps4 or the pro? neither of them have 4k or real 4k 

why not? I can always get the ps4 pro or the XB1 X in the future. and TV will usually upscale the non 4K content too.

4 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

well if you want to go ahead but I was just saying if you're playing ps4 it's not real 4k

I'm well aware of that. I just want a 4K tv because getting a Full HD at that size (49-50 inch) display will make everything look even worse

4 hours ago, atrash said:

I'm currently looking into getting a new 4K TV. Usage will be mostly playing PS4 games and just general internet browsing from my MacBook Pro. These are my options to choose from;

Toshiba 49U7650VM

LG 49UJ630T

Sharp Aquos 50UA330X

Sony 49X7000E

These are listed from cheapest to most expensive btw with the price gap about $150 so not that much difference.

Which one would be the best feature wise for my use case scenario? My go to website is www.lazada.com.my but any other suggestions are welcomed too. Thanks

The Sharp UA330X is the best screen on the list if you don't need HDR. Much better contrast and uniformity than the LG or the Sony.

I don't trust Toshiba anymore due to their widespread T-Con issue in the past. 

5 hours ago, Stagea said:

The Sharp UA330X is the best screen on the list if you don't need HDR. Much better contrast and uniformity than the LG or the Sony.

I don't trust Toshiba anymore due to their widespread T-Con issue in the past. 

I have never seen an HDR content before so I can't tell if I'll be missing out much of it if I picked that Sharp btw.. what about the refresh rates on these TVs? Any idea?

On 9/17/2017 at 2:15 AM, atrash said:

I have never seen an HDR content before so I can't tell if I'll be missing out much of it if I picked that Sharp btw.. what about the refresh rates on these TVs? Any idea?

All are 50/60 Hz panels, so they will all judder with 24 Hz material. 

Another downside of the Sharp is the lack of 4:4:4 color support at 4K 60Hz, but most thunderbolt to HDMI dongles don't support this anyway (check if yours does).