Do all phones support usb otg?

Legolessed

I have a Blu r1 hd running Android 6.0 what I want to do is connect and Xbox 360 controller to my phone using micro USB so I can play mobile games and also stream steam games and play them with an Xbox controller. Can I just solder a micro USB cable into the Xbox controller and have it work with my r1 hd or will it not work?

It worked for me but no, not all phones support it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It worked for me but no, not all phones support it.

So It will work with an r1 hd?

Just now, Legolessed said:

So It will work with an r1 hd?

Probably, since it's android and I think it depends more (or maybe even entirely) on the OS rather than the hardware but I can't promise anything.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

I have a Blu r1 hd running Android 6.0 what I want to do is connect and Xbox 360 controller to my phone using micro USB so I can play mobile games and also stream steam games and play them with an Xbox controller. Can I just solder a micro USB cable into the Xbox controller and have it work with my r1 hd or will it not work?

Android phones with version 4.0+ of android should.

edit:

or check this to know https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-tell-if-your-android-phone-or-tablet-supports-usb-on-the-go/ 

there is an app i think or a way you can check if ur device is compatible

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

Legolessed Nops not all phones.

I had 3 phones now i am using Redmi note 3..

first i had Moto E first gen it did'nt support OTG

Then i had Moto G 1st gen it did support OTG as well as i used xbox 360 controller

Now i am using Redmi note 3...It does support OTG but not Xbox 360 controller.Probably this is because Redmi is selling there own controllers

I also tried using my controller on my cousin's Samsung Note 3...it didn't work

4 minutes ago, jass said:

I also tried using my controller on my cousin's Samsung Note 3...it didn't work

What version of Android was it on?

on Samsung...sorry i can't remember as it wasn't my phone

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

why dont you just try it out