Graphics issues/errors with GTX 970

Hey there interwebs, so I'm at a loss when it comes to problem-solving my Gigabyte GTX 970.

The rest of my build can be seen here.

Whenever I try to play games (the main offenders are the games in the tags) I receive an aggravating error. The most frequent (as well as the most annoying) is the Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG' Device being lost. Unreal Engine is exiting. Epic Games claims to have remedied the issue with the Unreal Engine in this post. People have claimed that the Engine will exit if you have an overclocked graphics card (which I have done in the past) but even when I downclock it, the issue still happens. The only temporary solution I have found is to run any game I play on ultra low settings and trying to boot the game up through the GeForce Experience Launcher. However, that is incredibly stupid to have to do because although a GTX 970 isn't by any means new, running a game on low settings like I'm back in 2005 grinds my gears. The worst offender of the D3D Error is Ark: Survival Evolved (maybe because the devs suck, optimization: WHATS THAT?!?!?!) but it also affects Foxhole, Cities Skylines, and Stellaris with consistent and annoying frequency.

Does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a way to fix this problem? Is there a permanent solution (other than burning my computer to the ground)?

Is it because I have Team Red (CPU/Motherboard) and Team Blue (GPU) trying to work together?