Whats the difference between these 2 cards

Dexxer

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming vs ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

So what do the O mean and what card do i buy.

O is Asus's way of saying the card is factory overclocked, basically it guarantees a specific overclock that you wouldn't technically be guranteed otherwise although it's very likely that you'd be able to achieve those same clock speeds on the regular version. Besides that the only other difference is price. 

7 minutes ago, Dexxer said:

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming vs ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

So what do the O mean and what card do i buy.

Difference is clock speed, but you can always mnually overclock to match the performance of the one that has higher clock speed

Also your name...

You can load the vbios to whichever version you buy to turn it into a higher model. I bought a regular Strix and bumped it up to the higher out of the box overclock version.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

3 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

You can load the vbios to whichever version you buy to turn it into a higher model. I bought a regular Strix and bumped it up to the higher out of the box overclock version.

Sounds like a lot of work to flash the vbios when you could just download GPU Tweak and do the same thing...

10 minutes ago, 1Reshiram12 said:

Sounds like a lot of work to flash the vbios when you could just download GPU Tweak and do the same thing...

A lot of work huh? It takes about fifteen minutes.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

7 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Difference is clock speed, but you can always mnually overclock to match the performance of the one that has higher clock speed

Also your name...

Well i saw that one had higher clock but what confused me was that the o card with higher speed was cheaper :P

Also i used this name since Ultima Online in 1997 so i call dibs on the whole 2 xx s thing :D

all 1080ti's are bout the same

just some are more noisy then others boost clock pretty much balances everything out which all do