Website scam

Julian5

I'm currently looking at buying some electric scooters and I found this web page but the prices seem too good to be true, I mean 18€ for an electric skateboard and 99$ for a normally 1000$ scooter. I'm pretty sure its a scam but I'm just asking in case I'm missing out on some deals... I can find any scam reports either.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

It definitely  looks bad. But it does come with a 1 year warranty so its got that going for it. I wish you luck. 

Just now, DrLingard13 said:

It definitely  looks bad. But it does come with a 1 year warranty so its got that going for it. I wish you luck. 

Ill wait and see what everybody else thinks, The prices are that cheap from a flash sale but you never know.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

do this website got a shop? with address? if no its not flash sale its flash scam

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its a scam 

Yeah what I thought, showed up on facebook ads

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

well it can also be a stolen goods and they want get rid off from it

also with fake documentaries and warranty

I just found some facebook posts about the page and they all say its a scam

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

As I've said in countless topics asking the same question: If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Its pretty obvious scam site. Here are some steps how you can verify it:

1. Look at legal notes at bottom. These need to have owners (private or company) name listed. If it doesn't match or there's something else odd, its fake. Reading these will help if your location isn't US/CA. Page gives me half of links in Finnish. Which is direct bad sign.
  2. Look if there's address listed. If not, its not worth your money. Same if they only have email for contacting.
  3. Look at shipping details. This page lists prices partly in Euros and even name is referencing to be in Europe. Still shipping info states that it will be only available in continental US. Not even Canada, even when other of those notes say that company is called "Hoverboards" and resides in Montreal, Canada.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Site appears to have been created 3 months ago according to a whois check which is a massive red flag for a scam site.

I am one of ingenious that follow the facebook link and pay 58,99€ for a scooter. They chsrged me 15%more than what appears in transaction, and give no information about tracking. I sent three messages 48 hours with no answer. If it's a scam or not I am not 100% sure. I thought maybe they where selling over stock scooters and maybe that was the reason of the delay in answering and shipping, because with such a prices they could be collased. But the fact is that there are many people on different countries saying their product never arrived, and not even one positive feedback. It's also suspicious the fact of not having phisical address, telephone or secure payment method.

8 hours ago, Santix said:

I am one of ingenious that follow the facebook link and pay 58,99€ for a scooter. They chsrged me 15%more than what appears in transaction, and give no information about tracking. I sent three messages 48 hours with no answer. If it's a scam or not I am not 100% sure. I thought maybe they where selling over stock scooters and maybe that was the reason of the delay in answering and shipping, because with such a prices they could be collased. But the fact is that there are many people on different countries saying their product never arrived, and not even one positive feedback. It's also suspicious the fact of not having phisical address, telephone or secure payment method.

im sorry to hear, good thing I did some research before trying

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler