First water-cooling build

Hi,

I am in my final phases of planning my first hardline water-cooled build. Could use some ease of my that everything is in order and compatible in terms of water-cooling :) PC works fine as is, this is solely a cooling question.

My PC specs:

Ryzen 1700 (want to OC to 3.9 or 4Ghz)

Gigabyte gaming 5 mobo

GTX 1080 Ti FE

Dark Base Pro 900 white edition

WC setup:

Phanteks 1080 block

EK monoblock

1 Hwlabs GTS 420 in the front (need some HDD cages in the bottom)

1 Hwlabs SR2 360 in the top (or GTS 420? Unsure)

EK pump (best one with most head pressure)

Vardar white evo fans (140/120mm)

Ek 250 tube res

Ek 10/12mm hard compression fittings

Valve for drain port

TT Pacific temperature sensor (with LED display)

All the PETG tubing I can fit to be able to experiment

All the required tools for the bending

Blue Pastel coolant (still debating which one)

As you can guess the build will be white and blue, and I don't want to paint a lot as painting the Mobo was already a hastle. That's why I am specifically getting the Hwlabs radiators. 

Main concerns: 

Can the pump handle the system? 

Can I keep the noise low with OC?

Should I buy the SR2 bc of multiple fill ports? Would be good for getting the air out?

Is a flow meter necessary? Does it have added value? Might buy one for the looks, but if it would have any benefits I might by an electronic one

Thanks for your thoughts! =)

I guess the pump is a D5, which can easily handle that.

Yes you can Keep the noise low, if you control the fan speed correctly.

A flow meter is definitly not necessary, but can look nice.

The main reason I recommend the SR2's is for the fact that they offer some of the best silent cooling performance. At only 9fpi, these rads work really well with sub 800rpm fans. The multi port is a very nice feature though as well, and would not write it off. You can use the ports to help with bleeding depending on the configuration of your loop. With any of those radiators you suggested, you should easily be able to push your OCs very far and still have good performance and acoustics. The GTS line is also very good for silent cooling, being 16fpi. 

My only recommendation would be to consider using 16/12 fittings/tubing for your build since it is a pretty large system. 12/10 is easier to bend, however it sometimes looks small in larger builds, so it may be an aesthetic concern for you. Just thought I'd mention that.

4 hours ago, PPCs-Matt said:

My only recommendation would be to consider using 16/12 fittings/tubing for your build since it is a pretty large system. 12/10 is easier to bend, however it sometimes looks small in larger builds, so it may be an aesthetic concern for you. Just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks for the info! Always had trouble deciding what size tube to take. Just for my reference, would you say the tube in this video is 16mm OD? I like how the tube looks in this one, so I would go for 16mm then.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sirius10 said:

Thanks for the info! Always had trouble deciding what size tube to take. Just for my reference, would you say the tube in this video is 16mm OD? I like how the tube looks in this one, so I would go for 16mm then.

Thanks!

Looks like 16 mm, for your reference, my build in my sig is also 16 mm tubing. 

Any decent pump will handle that. As it being an average size rig. Could overclock all you want with low fan noise. Just except higher temps. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz