DT770 Pro's

lkarej

Heyo, so  you I've made some threads in the last couple months regarding headphones etc.

I think I may have finally decided (with the help of this subforum, which, might I add, has been very good).
The DT770 Pro being the pair I've chosen. Now, I want to know a little more about them, I've read quite a few reviews etc etc. But none of those tell me how they are for playing video games, which will be one of the main things I'll be doing with them.

From the reviews I've gotten that the soundstage is quite good, and that the sound signature is fairly even. I however would like to know a bit more, mostly how they perform in games, etc. Most of these reviews just focused on music and fancy terms I (as a non-audiophile) don't actually fully understand the meaning of, especially considering the only headset/pair of headphones I'd had before were the HyperX Cloud's.
I'll be going with (most likely) a Schiit Magni-2 amp.

Just trying to get the best setup I can for my money, and so far these seem to be a good setup to achieve that.
P.S: Before you suggest a different pair in response to the sentence above, please note I can ONLY use closed back headphones due to where my PC is.

Thanks for any input/help you can have/can provide!

I make bad life decisions.

I agree with Daniel. Great & fun headphone for casual gaming, music and movies. Love the bass!

Its not mandatory but IF you have extra cash laying around, go for Massdrop x fostex TH-X00, its semi open (very minimal to no sound leakage tho), large soundstage, smooth vocals, awesome bass, i got both and love the TH-X00, just overall better headphone.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

5 hours ago, nicobombai said:

I agree with Daniel. Great & fun headphone for casual gaming, music and movies. Love the bass!

Its not mandatory but IF you have extra cash laying around, go for Massdrop x fostex TH-X00, its semi open (very minimal to no sound leakage tho), large soundstage, smooth vocals, awesome bass, i got both and love the TH-X00, just overall better headphone.

i am selling mine too... You can pm if interested.

they are quite  nice headphones.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

14 hours ago, nicobombai said:

Yeah the problem with open back is my pc is actually currently in a public space and I don't see that changing in the immediate future, hence why I said in OP closed back was a requirement if someone was to suggest something.
I'll talk to spwath about the fostex tho.

8 hours ago, spwath said:

i am selling mine too... You can pm if interested.

they are quite  nice headphones.

We'll see.

18 hours ago, lkarej said:

P.S: Before you suggest a different pair in response to the sentence above, please note I can ONLY use closed back headphones due to where my PC is.

In my experience of owning the DT 770 pros, if you want to block outside sound, you'll need to turn them up, and if you turn them up, you'll get sound leakage. 

You might want to hear what they sound like on someone else first of you're worried about sound leakage. 

3 hours ago, DaftPansy said:

In my experience of owning the DT 770 pros, if you want to block outside sound, you'll need to turn them up, and if you turn them up, you'll get sound leakage. 

You might want to hear what they sound like on someone else first of you're worried about sound leakage. 

I'm not too, too worried. It's just I don't want major sound leakage.
I can deal with having a bit of background noise because sometimes my family need help or w/e yaknow and they call me from the other room or smth.

6 hours ago, lkarej said:

Yeah the problem with open back is my pc is actually currently in a public space and I don't see that changing in the immediate future, hence why I said in OP closed back was a requirement if someone was to suggest something.

9588114.jpg 

TH-X00 is mostly closed back, the open part is super small for the bass reflex iirc. It gets a good seal cos of the leather pads, but the sound leakage is super minimal, you wont even notice it when using the headphone. You can have a look at the open part if you're curious about it..

You see the gap between the wood and the black part? that is the gap which i'm talking about.

Any who, good luck on the hunt for the headphones! :D

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.