Can i change 32 bit operating system to 64 bit?

John russel23

I want to play gta 5 but it requires 64 bit but i have 32 bit......how can i change it?

Please help me

Just now, John russel23 said:

I want to play gta 5 but it requires 64 bit but i have 32 bit......how can i change it?

Please help me

you have to reinstall a 64 bit version of windows, no other way

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

You need to buy a new operating system that is 64 bit

1 minute ago, Medicate said:

You need to buy a new operating system that is 64 bit

some windows editions have both 32 and 64 bit included

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

1 minute ago, John russel23 said:

Its sais my system is available for 64 bit

because your hardware can support it, you can't upgrade 32bit windows to 64 bit. 

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Changis said:

because your hardware can support it, you can't upgrade 32bit windows to 64 bit. 

But gta said to me that i have to run it on 64 bit....but my pc support 64 and 32

But gta said to me that i have to run it on 64 bit....but my pc support 64 and 32

your computer supports both 64 and 32 bit windows, but only one at a time.. 64 is compatible with most 32 bit applications, but not the other way around..  (think of it as 32 fits in 64, but 64 doesnt fit in 32) (it's a very crude rule of thumb, but it works)

no matter how you look at it or try to find an easy solution, there isn't one, installation of 64 bit operating system is the only way to get 64 bit applications to work. end of.

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, John russel23 said:

in 32 bit you also only can utilize 3.8something gigabytes of ram.. so if you have more than 4 gb of ram, eveyrthing above that is not being used

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

You installed a 32 bit version of Windows, but your hardware is capable of running either a 32 bit or 64 bit OS. Back up your data and reinstall a 64 bit version of windows.

44 minutes ago, John russel23 said:

Your running a 32bit version of Windows then. While your CPU is 64 Bit, your version of Windows appears not to be. You will need to reformat and install a 64 Bit version of what ever Windows you are running. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 9/11/2017 at 6:15 AM, Donut417 said:

Your running a 32bit version of Windows then. While your CPU is 64 Bit, your version of Windows appears not to be. You will need to reformat and install a 64 Bit version of what ever Windows you are running. 

What will i press after restarting windows...to upgrade

What will i press after restarting windows...to upgrade

You have to do a full reformat and reinstall. That means making Windows Media and reinstalling from most likely a flash drive. That involves booting from your flash drive, you can change the boot order in the BIOS. What key that is depends on the motherboard, Ive seen F2, F11, F12, Del all used at one time or another. 

Keep in mind, this is not an upgrade. As you will LOOSE all of the files on the drive. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.