How Low Can I go with 144htz?

GrandKei

So Hi

I've been getting into the pc scene like many recently and have filling tons of hours into research and all kinds of stuff.

So for one I really need to replace my potato piece of crap from 2010 (maybe older??) while looking to get into the high refresh rate scene. I defiantly want to keep it below $1500 USD but going lower would definitely be appreciated being that I'm gonna be working for awhile just to hit the $1000 mark.

I don't plan on purchasing a monitor with a resolution higher than 1080p as again budget but I'm not sure if I really care about the really high resolutions as of yet, I just want the game to feel good and to look swell.

On that note. I plan on playing things like overwatch, doom, and am looking into Civilization 6. Mostly shooters or things with heavy story centered games. I have a nice enough keyboard and a definitely good mouse.

What I have as a little baseline for parts that I've thrown together is this. But I don't actually know if it will hit 144 frames in at least 75-80% of games I'm looking to play on high at the bare minimum.

No I dont really plan to overclock.

Even further down the line I think it would be nice to get a second monitor, although that one certainly does not have to be 144htz, but as I am mostly used to dual monitor it is a very nice thing to have.

All of you that try to help is appreciated thank you!!

As a last sort of thing, I'm gonna need to keep this thing for quite awhile, so factoring in things that not only will work for a long time can perform well for hopefully just as long would be very much appreciated but I will make do

Edited by GrandKei

3 minutes ago, GrandKei said:

So Hi

I've been getting into the pc scene like many recently and have filling tons of hours into research and all kinds of stuff.

So for one I really need to replace my potato piece of crap from 2010 (maybe older??) while looking to get into the high refresh rate scene. I defiantly want to keep it below $1500 USD but going lower would definitely be appreciated being that I'm gonna be working for awhile just to hit the $1000 mark.

I don't plan on purchasing a monitor with a resolution higher than 1080p as again budget but I'm not sure if I really care about the really high resolutions as of yet, I just want the game to feel good and to look swell.

On that note. I plan on playing things like overwatch, doom, and am looking into Civilization 6. Mostly shooters or things with heavy story centered games. I have a nice enough keyboard and a definitely good mouse.

What I have as a little baseline for parts that I've thrown together is this. But I don't actually know if it will hit 144 frames in at least 75-80% of games I'm looking to play on high at the bare minimum.

No I dont really plan to overclock.

Even further down the line I think it would be nice to get a second monitor, although that one certainly does not have to be 144htz, but as I am mostly used to dual monitor it is a very nice thing to have.

All of you that try to help is appreciated thank you!!

As a last sort of thing, I'm gonna need to keep this thing for quite awhile, so factoring in things that not only will work for a long time can perform well for hopefully just as long would be very much appreciated but I will make do

Well first of all, you can NOT go vega with that PSU, give me and hour or so and I will pick some parts for u, doing some work rn..

subscribe to pewdiepie

22 hours ago, GrandKei said:

okay bro!

Btw what's Ur budg t with the monitor maximum like not a penny more

subscribe to pewdiepie

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RkLfwV better GPU than 1060 30-45% faster, guaranteed 60fps+ all the time and u don't need 1600x a waste imo. I added an extra cooler but the cooler u get is great and keeps is very cool just this will be quieter, remove if wanted. Better case, you will want it and better PSU imo. You can change to the 20 dollar more larger motherboard and bigger case, you may enjoy it... Ask questions if ya want

subscribe to pewdiepie

22 hours ago, Merp83 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RkLfwV better GPU than 1060 30-45% faster, guaranteed 60fps+ all the time and u don't need 1600x a waste imo. I added an extra cooler but the cooler u get is great and keeps is very cool just this will be quieter, remove if wanted. Better case, you will want it and better PSU imo. You can change to the 20 dollar more larger motherboard and bigger case, you may enjoy it... Ask questions if ya want

PRICE OF THE VIDEO CARD WENT UP https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RXJPCy different 1070, this may rise or go out of stock aswell, just find any 1070 under 450usd :D

subscribe to pewdiepie

19 minutes ago, Merp83 said:

just find any 1070 under 450usd :D

Alright thank you so much! But what is the purpose in this higher priced case that I would want so much? Is it the dust filter or the cable management?

23 hours ago, GrandKei said:

Alright thank you so much! But what is the purpose in this higher priced case that I would want so much? Is it the dust filter or the cable management?

its the ease of making the fans the dust filter everything!

subscribe to pewdiepie