Fallout 4 Running Poorly Regardless of Settings

AnonGamer

Experiencing some bizarre Fallout 4 behavior I need some help with.  To start, here are my system specs:

i5-6600k OC'ed to 4.5Ghz stable

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 at stock speed

16GB of 2133Mhz RAM

I had installed a significant number of mods in preparation for starting a new game.  After beginning the game, I noticed that on Ultra settings with all of my mods enabled, I was getting about 30-40fps at the intro sequence of the game.  I figured if I lowered the settings for shadows and godrays that would fix it.  It did not.  I tried dropping the settings all the way down to low.  That did not fix it either.  I tried uninstalling all my mods and dropping the settings to low.  The game did not run any differently.  To be sure that save files weren't causing the problem, I began a new game each time.  Same problem.  

Any one every experience this issue?  Anyone aware of a fix?  This is rather bizarre.  

I have the same issue. 5820k and gtx 1070.  Couldn't get the game to run more than 25 fps at any setting (no mods were installed)

Did you try verifying the integrity of the game? Right click on steam and select verify integrity. 

Strange. Check drivers, check integrity of game cache, or maybe even reinstall and check with zero mods.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Have you disabled vsync? I use the fallout 4 config tool to replace the default launcher. I use that to set vsync to 0.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000