QWERTZ ducky

MrPianoGamin
Go to solution Solved by Alex(PlayMedium),

http://www.getdigital.de/Ducky-Keyboard.html here you go, they don't have every type with every switch, but it's better than nothing ;)

Well, I just basically wanna know if there is a Ducky 9008 Shine 3 with a QWERTZ layout.

can you link me?

You mean a QWERTY layout?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

He probably means what he says, it's a real thing, germany for example.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

He means QWERTZ, that's the layout of pretty much every non English keyboard that I know of.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

If you mean QWERTZ, I wasn't able to find one.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The main difference between QWERTZ and QWERTY is that Y and Z are swapped, and most special characters such as brackets are replaced by diacritical characters. Numbers are typed with shift, similar to AZERTY.(wikipedia)

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

He means QWERTZ, that's the layout of pretty much every non English keyboard that I know of.

no.

QWERTZ is for germany

AZERTY is for belguim and france (dont know if there are any other country who use it)

QWERTY is for the rest of the world

(Don't know if there are any other exeptions)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Yes, I really mean QWERTZ because I live in Germany!

So, does anyone know if there is a Ducky 9008 Shine 3 with a QWERTZ layout? it would fit perfectly to my red/black themed pc

no.

QWERTZ is for germany

AZERTY is for belguim and france (dont know if there are any other country who use it)

QWERTY is for the rest of the world

(Don't know if there are any other exeptions)

Well I also know Italian and Swiss are QWERTZ, so since I knew the German one was also QWERTZ I thought they all were except English, my mistake. But there are definitely more QWERTZ keyboards than just German.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yes, I really mean QWERTZ because I live in Germany!

So, does anyone know if there is a Ducky 9008 Shine 3 with a QWERTZ layout? it would fit perfectly to my red/black themed pc

you could just move the keys and edit the keyboard layout...

I am lazy. Really? Not for me.

Well I also know Italian and Swiss are QWERTZ, so since I knew the German one was also QWERTZ I thought they all were except English, my mistake. But there are definitely more QWERTZ keyboards than just German.

ow didnt know that, i why doesnt belgium get DVORAK? its like the best keyboard layout ever but impossible to get... (like literaly, dont think they even exist in mechanical form)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

But it's not just that, there are loads of accents and different stuff in the German layout:

German_Keyboard.png

http://www.getdigital.de/Ducky-Keyboard.html here you go, they don't have every type with every switch, but it's better than nothing ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Thanks! but... FML, no red LEDs ._________________.

I think TTesports have some good mech kbs with red lighting, what kb do you want?

Tenkeyless?

makros?

Media keys?

Most importantly which switch?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I think TTesports have some good mech kbs with red lighting, what kb do you want?

Tenkeyless?

makros?

Media keys?

if you ask me like that...

Media keys would be awesome (like, play/pause and that kind of stuff), makros a great, but not really necessary and what is tenkeyless? or you mean n-key-rollover? (or something like that)

if you ask me like that...

Media keys would be awesome (like, play/pause and that kind of stuff), makros a great, but not really necessary and what is tenkeyless? or you mean n-key-rollover? (or something like that)

tenkeyless is when the numpad is missing to allow for more space on the desk for other things. What switch do you want?

#KILLEDMYWIFE

tenkeyless is when the numpad is missing to allow for more space on the desk for other things. What switch do you want?

I see. uhm, a numpad is awesome imo :D

I dont really care about the switches, since I never owned a mechacinal keyboard^^ my cousin owns the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth, afaik those use browns and without "stealth" should be blues. but I honestly don't know/don't care :D

I see. uhm, a numpad is awesome imo :D

I dont really care about the switches, since I never owned a mechacinal keyboard^^ my cousin owns the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth, afaik those use browns and without "stealth" should be blues. but I honestly don't know/don't care :D

you should inform yourself before buying. You will be stuck with the keyboard for years to come, so you should make an educated choice

EIDT: if you tried the bw ultimate stealth and liked the switches, just go for browns, they are the most common switch for peoples first mech kb

#KILLEDMYWIFE

you should inform yourself before buying. You will be stuck with the keyboard for years to come, so you should make an educated choice

EIDT: if you tried the bw ultimate stealth and liked the switches, just go for browns, they are the most common switch for peoples first mech kb

Well, I tried once a Func-KB460 at Gamescom 2013, it had red switches and they were pretty comfy imo.

Well, I tried once a Func-KB460 at Gamescom 2013, it had red switches and they were pretty comfy imo.

you have to choose. with browns you have that bump that lets you know really well when the key has actuated. That helps with typing and gaming imo,l but everyone thinks differently about this.

#KILLEDMYWIFE

you have to choose. with browns you have that bump that lets you know really well when the key has actuated. That helps with typing and gaming imo,l but everyone thinks differently about this.

As far as I know it goes like this:

Blues <- with tactile feedback and clicky clicky

Browns <- lighter than blues and no clicky clicky, still the feedback

reds <- no feedback, no clicky, as "heavy" as browns

Blacks <- just like reds, only heavier.

I've seen in a "Keyboard Guide" some other crazy switches. And afaik the CM Storm QuickFire XT has some green switches too, but I dont know about them. I think blues or browns would fit me pretty well, because of that tactile feedback (just like you said).

browns aren't as clicky as blues, they have more of a "plasicy" bump wheas blues have a more "metalic" feeling click

#KILLEDMYWIFE

well, I wouldn't mind trying out blues or browns :) Because I think I will need that feedback or as you say it "bump" to type a bit faster.