Weird memory usage

I have a weird issue. 

Back when I first built my computer, this thing was a beast at multitasking. I could have absurd amounts of internet tabs open, while playing a game and steaming Pandora all at the same time.

But as of late it has gotten less good at doing all that. 

It's not slow. It still runs really fast just like I would expect. My problem is that it is getting progressively less good at multitasking. It only slows down when the RAM issue surfaces. 

It eats RAM usage like its going out of style. What used to be cakewalk tasks have become system crashing nightmares. 

So heres how it all goes. 

I boot my pc and everything loads very fast as expected.

-My starting programs in no particular order are (just everything that loads into the system tray in the background. All of these things do not launch individual programs on screen)

-msi afterburner

-NZXT CAM

-radeon settings

-realtek HD audio manager
   -f.lux

-Nvidia settings

-steam bootstrapper

-powerchute 

-Malwarebytes.

These all take roughly about 3GB of Ram which may sound like a lot but they don't usually increase from there and with 16GB of RAM they go completely unnoticed. 

I thought it could be malware, but after running several full scans, nothing came back. I also don't have browsing habits of going to sketchy websites. 

So overall I used to be here

-50+ edge/firefox tabs open

-Pandora streaming

-playing a game

-probably having steam or battle.net open in the background idling

This used probably 13GB with no issues at all.

Now I am here

-~10 internet tabs open

-playing a game

This uses about 15.8GB of memory if I am lucky. When I'm not so lucky, windows gives me a "your system is low on memory error" and everything crashes back to desktop. 

From what I can tell nothing has really changed from before. 

system specs:

-ryzen 7 1700

-16GB hyper x ddr4 2400 RAM

-GTX 980

-128GB m.2 SSD (Boot) [32GB free]

-1TB HDD (games and programs) [59GB free]

I don't really know what happened. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Clean install windows?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Also, you didn't mess with your pagefile, right?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

go to task manager and find the ram pulling issue 

if it still presistent  create an new local account in windows 10 

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Clean install windows?

Yea I did think about That. I will do that if nothing can pan out from this but id really like not to have to as I would also need to reinstall all of my programs which could take up a whole lot of time. 

Plus how does activation for windows 10 home work these days? last time It was buggy I had to call support which I really hate doing. 

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Also, you didn't mess with your pagefile, right?

No. I left it to what ever windows set it to by default. 

6 minutes ago, krishna1997 said:

go to task manager and find the ram pulling issue 

if it still presistent  create an new local account in windows 10 

I tired that but it says that my internet browser of choice is the culprit. if it is then why is this only now an issue?

10 hours ago, fastcar123 said:

Plus how does activation for windows 10 home work these days? last time It was buggy I had to call support which I really hate doing. 

You connect your PC to the internet and it activates itself as long as you didn't change the motherboard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So a few days ago I wiped my hard drive (not my bootable add) this had a whole TB of data such as programs, save data, games. Pretty much everything that wassnt my OS. This was unintentional but it still did the job of haveing very few things running in the background. I reinstalled nzxt cam, steam, a few games, battle net, and world of warcraft.

At this point i am using 15.8GB of ram.

Do I need to upgrade to 32 GB?