MSI Afterburner not detecting graphics card

Hi.

I got a MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC a few months ago. It works fine. Never had a problem with it at all!

My Problem:

I don't know since when its happening, but MSI Afterburner doesn't detect my graphics card and the graphics card driver version. See screenshot. It doesn't even let me use the slider (I'm not interested in overclocking tho). I think it might be happening after I installed Rockstar games social club for GTA 5. I installed it last week and I discovered that MSI afterburner is not detecting my graphics card on that day. And when MSI afterburner is running, social club crashes at startup.

I'm 99% sure that it's not a hardware problem since every game runs just like before and similar software like GIGABYTE OC Guruji detects my GPU just fine, it even lets me control fan speed and core/memory clock without a problem. So it must be MSI afterburner?

What I tried:

I tried uninstalling graphics driver with DDU and reinstaling the latest one. Installing older 382.16 version. Reinstalling MSI afterburner, installing it's latest beta version. Doing a Windows Update. 

NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help?

Capture.PNG

31 minutes ago, luigi90210 said:

After you install the graphics driver make sure to reboot your computer. 

I did.

download percision oc and see if it detects your card

also check device manager and make sure your graphics card is enabled

11 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

download percision oc and see if it detects your card

also check device manager and make sure your graphics card is enabled

I just tried EVGA precision OC and it seems to work just fine. See screenshot.

Checked device manager. Everything is fine, see screenshot.

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

8 hours ago, Prithul0218 said:

I just tried EVGA precision OC and it seems to work just fine. See screenshot.

Checked device manager. Everything is fine, see screenshot.

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hhhmmm this is puzzling. Try downloading and installing the beta version of afterburner after uninstalling the version you have and see if that fixes anything or alternatively if you are using the latest beta try reverting back to the stable version. Also check afterburner settings and see if you have to select your card manually. Idk why it wouldn't select it automatically but it's worth checking as well. 

17 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

Hhhmmm this is puzzling. Try downloading and installing the beta version of afterburner after uninstalling the version you have and see if that fixes anything or alternatively if you are using the latest beta try reverting back to the stable version. Also check afterburner settings and see if you have to select your card manually. Idk why it wouldn't select it automatically but it's worth checking as well. 

I had version 4.3.0, I uninstalled it and cleaned its registry when uninstalling. Then installed beta 4.4.0. No changes, same result. See screenshot.

There are no option to select graphics card, it is blurred. See screenshot.

I think some other software might be conflicting.

Oh and I have windows insider preview build 16278.rs3_release.170825-1441

Capture12.PNG

Capture11.PNG

22 hours ago, Prithul0218 said:

I had version 4.3.0, I uninstalled it and cleaned its registry when uninstalling. Then installed beta 4.4.0. No changes, same result. See screenshot.

Capture12.PNG

Capture11.PNG

im willing to bet that the windows insider preview is the issue here, have you tried reverting back to the latest stable release of windows?

I came across this thread after recently updating to the same Windows 10 Insider version as mentioned above, my Msi Afterburner also fails to work.

99% sure it is because of the windows insider version.

• 2 years later...

Have the same issue with and AMD RX 580...nothing shows in the program and it detects no card what so ever. I have Win10 Pro so it's not a Windows thing evidently. Trying all sorts of configurations also does nothing to make it detect a card...on top of that..on the info section (i) button all that shows is what I have currently running on my desktop screen and RAM usage.

Tried MSI because Asus Tweaker II does not even install and on another forum it was advised to try MSI AB....hmmm.

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, Prithul0218 said:

Capture12.PNG

Capture11.PNG

just unceck enable low-level io driver and resrtart msi its fix in my

On 5/2/2020 at 3:07 AM, Nicoagen47 said:

This worked for me. THANK YOU♥

On 5/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, Nicoagen47 said:

Can confirm that this works.

Noticed my graphics card fans doing the "stock" spin up and spin down thing a few days ago, then today i checked and Afterburner wasn't detecting my graphics card, now i'm wondering if Valorant Anti-Cheat is preventing Afterburner to access the card low-level IO driver, since that's the only thing i installed in the past week.

Ryzen 7 3700X | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | Corsair LPX 16gb 3200 | MSI B450M Mortar MAX | Corsair H100i v2 | Samsung 850 PRO 512GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Corsair Air 240 Black | Corsair CS650M | Corsair ML120 (3x) | Link

1 hour ago, balderm said:

Noticed my graphics card fans doing the "stock" spin up and spin down thing a few days ago, then today i checked and Afterburner wasn't detecting my graphics card, now i'm wondering if Valorant Anti-Cheat is preventing Afterburner to access the card low-level IO driver, since that's the only thing i installed in the past week.

I think it is because of Valorant. 
Same for me it happened after I installed it. 

Thank you so much it only started after the most recent Valorant update for me. 

yesterday i dit a hole pc format and it was fixed, today i installed every game and program and msi was bugged again now i come here finding it was valorant.... UNINSTALLED VALORANT AND FIXED holy shit

I exited that Vanguard software from Valorant bottom right corner and then I reinstalled MSI afterburner and i got my numbers back.

15 hours ago, Agitated said:

I exited that Vanguard software from Valorant bottom right corner and then I reinstalled MSI afterburner and i got my numbers back.

Had the same issue, I uninstalled the Valorant AC and it works just fine now. Now that I think about it I probably could of just closed it fully instead of uninstalling it.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:05 PM, balderm said:

exact same thing for me.

I fixed cause of nicoagen47, thanks so much.

I think most likely it was the anti cheats fault i hope they fix this 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, Jellex9000 said:

yesterday i dit a hole pc format and it was fixed, today i installed every game and program and msi was bugged again now i come here finding it was valorant.... UNINSTALLED VALORANT AND FIXED holy shit

Formatting is a very drastic measure and is really only warranted when your computer is hopelessly infected by unremoveable viruses. In any case, you should have made a full system backup before formatting, exactly so you could restore your system to how it was if you found the solution to the problem later. I recommend Macrium Reflect (which is free) for making easy full backups, and Ninite for very quickly and painlessly installing several common programs after a format.

Yep, It was Vanguard anti cheat for me too. I could've have just unchecked enable low-level io driver but I use Afterburner in conjunction with Rainmeter to monitor CPU temps as well. 

Unchecking  enable io driver  fixed it THANK YOUUU 

image.png

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, Nicoagen47 said:

Thank you! this worked for me too

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2020 at 10:11 AM, NotNellyB said:

this worked for me too. 1873097151_Screenshot(10).png.89f764c33334198d4510dc3c100a0aa6.png

Screenshot (9).png

I dosnt work for me :(