Astro Asking me to cut headphone wire?? - need help

JackT24
1 minute ago, kanesmadness said:

I don't see what the big deal is... My Sen HD280's went dead on one side when they realised what postage was going to cost they requested the same thing.

New pair arrived about a week after I sent in the photo.

You don't see what the big deal is.. He was asked to cut the wires of his headphones, if someone isn't familiar with a company of asking the customer to do this then the first thing that comes to mind is that it's a scam.. I think anyone would be surprised by this kind of email from the company. although it makes sense now since multiple people have either explained it or posted a link, at first it is only natural to worry, so yes, it was a big deal.

Yeah, Logitech is really good about this stuff. With them taking over Astro we should see warranty service improve substantially.

Keep in mind with headphones and speakers, the raw BOM cost is actually pretty low, even on something like Astros with lots of drivers. The reason they're so expensive is because of how much engineering and development has to be done to get the sound right, particularly in multi driver setups.

Sennheiser, Logitech, and Skullcandy, as well as with smaller indie companies usually get you to DIF the product instead of returning it from a cost perspective if it's confirmed defective.

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 8:31 AM, JackT24 said:

This is the returns procedure now that Astro has been acquired by Logitech.

I have confirmed that your system is in warranty and a replacement will be requested by myself once proof of destruction is provided and the delivery address is confirmed.

Regards,

Lewis Milligan
ASTRO Gaming CRT 
http://www.astrogaming.co.uk

Did you end up cutting the cord and getting a new one? I’m in the same situation and I’m nervous to cut mine. ?

11 hours ago, M3ganman said:

Did you end up cutting the cord and getting a new one? I’m in the same situation and I’m nervous to cut mine. ?

As long as the message was from official support, you're totally fine. Make sure to keep copies of all messages though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

As long as the message was from official support, you're totally fine. Make sure to keep copies of all messages though.

Thank you!