Bixby outreach

So I freaking hate this button on the side of my phone S8+ messing up picture moments (due to accidental presses instead of volume down) but...

- Dear Samsung if I have the camera open and i tap Bixby TAKE THE PICTURE!

I digress... 

I thought i'd give the whole voice assistant thing a chance...

say 'flashlight' (when doing something and need a light, possibly one free handed)

- half the time it interprets me saying 'fleshy' 

- I tried it in my dark basement, it said no network, can't do anything

- It works ok usually in connected space.

say 'Navigate to xyz'  -  that works well and is a decent way to get directions quickly. (when pulled over in a safe spot of course)

say 'notify me to stop working at 5'

-   we need to unlock the phone first..... WHAT???...  unlock phone try again

-   A.)  create a reminder  B.) turn off wifi  C.)  ask Q&A         what does this have to do with wifi ?? come on Bixby

-    try again - opens settings and turns off wifi...   it dictated it perfectly and still ... I don't get it.

say 'remind me to stop working at 5'

- adds to reminders. - no need to unlock the phone.

I disabled my Voice Wakeup 'OK Bixby' cause i don't want it distracting my like some Wan Show phone Note   :-P 

So if you use the right words and speak semi-naturally with key words it sort of works.  I know it's good for few purposes where you might be too distracted to use the phone.

Generally you can unlock the phone and do the thing with less brain effort than remembering the key words.

Has anyone found a use for Bixby (or other Voice Assistance) where it's actually handy?  other situations where the physical button is a savior cause you can't interact with the screen?

Thanks