New 4K monitor Input issues??

dapredator

Hi, I just bought a new Dell 4K P2715Q 27-Inch for content creation and light gaming, until i replace my decade old Asus 24 inch and LG IPS.

Basically, I'm seeing lots of "input lag", drag,? I really dont know how to describe it. Its noticeable in several resolutions from 4K, down to 1080p. I see it a lot in videos, when I move the mouse, basically everything.. At times it "syncs" up back to any audio but goes back to it. 

Am I just seeing the difference of +~5ms response from the other monitors compared to this one?

Bad cable? Defect in monitor? Could be many things...

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your prob running 4K at 30fps.

On the actual display what are the input options, and what cable are you connecting with?

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

I was initially but then went and found w/e drivers Dell had to offer, and fixed the Hz to 60... still having the same problem. Im running a Display Cable to a 980 ti

Something you said made me think and check something out. I think I may have fixed it. inside the monitor settings I turned off 2 settings  ::  Uniformity Compensation and MST  ::  and it seemed to fix it. I'll try some games and get back to the post. Thanks guys!

ok if not check DP setting on display, go with 1.3 if it's there.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

Ya it was the MST setting. Went back and looked up what those settings were and MST lets you daisy chain 2 monitors to the single one.

Anyways. Thanks again!