Sony Vegas Pro 13 - Crash Problem!

Hello guys, I have a problem with Sony Vegas Pro 13.

If I check "GPU Acceleration Of Video Processing" in "Preferences" -> "Video" tab my Vegas is crashing after 2 - 5 minutes of editing or it crashes after 2 - 5 minutes after I start rendering. If I turn it of it won't crash, but I need to use it because it makes my playback looks better so I can use the "Best (Full)" preview. And It's verry annoying because I likes to see the details how I actually should.

Here is a screenshot: bUw5yF6.png

If anyone had this problem and figured it out please help me bro's couse is driving me KRAZY! :(

Intel Core i7-7700K  |  ASUS Z270 TUF MARK I  |  Corsair H115i |  Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 Gb  |  EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3  |  Samsung 850 EVO  |  Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

I dunno about Vegas Pro specifically but are temps ok

I have no temperature problmes with my PC!

Intel Core i7-7700K  |  ASUS Z270 TUF MARK I  |  Corsair H115i |  Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 Gb  |  EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3  |  Samsung 850 EVO  |  Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

Several things:

Try increasing your RAM preview (200MB to 1GB?)

Remember that your preview is exactly what it says: a preview. It is not indicative of the final output. Unless you're on the cutting edge of hardware (dual or quad Quadros or FirePro cards, dual or quad processors), there's no way you're going to be able to process certain workflows well. You may want to try editing using proxies, then revert back to original media later.

Remember that video editing is a very sensitive task which can be thrown off by certain actions. Without double floating-point precision on certain video cards or a lack of processing power, you may run into errors in certain tasks, especially when your preview window data doesn't match up with your TC/TG, thus causing a crash.

Assuming that you are using the 7700K and EVGA 1080 FTW3 card in your signature, have you tried dialing back the OC? As much as it pains you, this can cause instability issues.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

set dynamic RAM preview to 0, see what happens. I remember I had a problem like this a long time ago.

EDIT: also the thread count should equal your CPU thread count (Guessing your using the 7700K, which would be 8)

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

On 9/4/2017 at 6:10 PM, kimsejin5 said:

Several things:

Try increasing your RAM preview (200MB to 1GB?)

Remember that your preview is exactly what it says: a preview. It is not indicative of the final output. Unless you're on the cutting edge of hardware (dual or quad Quadros or FirePro cards, dual or quad processors), there's no way you're going to be able to process certain workflows well. You may want to try editing using proxies, then revert back to original media later.

Remember that video editing is a very sensitive task which can be thrown off by certain actions. Without double floating-point precision on certain video cards or a lack of processing power, you may run into errors in certain tasks, especially when your preview window data doesn't match up with your TC/TG, thus causing a crash.

Assuming that you are using the 7700K and EVGA 1080 FTW3 card in your signature, have you tried dialing back the OC? As much as it pains you, this can cause instability issues.

I've tested it with and without my OC applied and same result. But thanks alot for the reply, I really appreciate it! :D

About that preview thingy, when I use GPU Acceleration Of Video Processing on my preview of the edited video is 90% the same as the rendered one, so idk... maybe I'm a bit luckier..

On 9/4/2017 at 6:15 PM, AdamHolt96 said:

set dynamic RAM preview to 0, see what happens. I remember I had a problem like this a long time ago.

EDIT: also the thread count should equal your CPU thread count (Guessing your using the 7700K, which would be 8)

Lol, I tried your method with 0 dynamic RAM and it worked, no crashes at all. I just can't understand how is that working.. Thanks alot man, God bless you! <3 

On 9/5/2017 at 4:23 PM, VATO said:

Lol, I tried your method with 0 dynamic RAM and it worked, no crashes at all. I just can't understand how is that working.. Thanks alot man, God bless you! <3 

Awesome news! I'm not the most familiar with Vegas (I'm a Premiere/Resolve guy), but it's good to know.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."