Benchmarks crash but games don't! What is going on ?

adham.

So i have a 750 Ti which was working fine for all of it's year and a half with me.
Until today.
I've recently reinstalled Win 10 with it came Nvidia recent drivers, But there is that one game which won't be played unless on 378.92 versions and under.
So i did a clean install in the Nvidia installer and it's all was working well.
Until i downloaded Ungien heavn and Valley and Furmark

the 3 of them just crash in the first 3 sec with displaying strange colors on screen like purple and white but static.

so i restarted my PC as that was the only option i had.

running fur mark this time i worked and tried it again it worked but when did it with X2 anti alias it crashed. and so on.

the 3 of them are crashing and i think my gpu is dying ? what should i do ?

please note that the game actually runs fine and pretty well.

thanks guys

p.s:
No overclocking was added,

and the gpu was fine + cpu + psu all the time.

Another P.S:
Directx 9 is fully oprtional in both Valley and Heaven. But when adding at least x2 anti it crashes.
I don't know what is going on.But i'm starting to think it's a drivers issue.

Becasue both valley and heaven/Furmark ran perfctly fine the last time before i reinstalled windows 10.

My guess is that your PC is "on the edge", and the benchmarks are simply more demanding than games, and thus push it far enough to reveal the problems and/or instability, while the games do not.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

benchmarks are made to be very demanding, while games are made to be played and you can change the settings so it runs fine for you,

but benchmarks are made all the same and you cant change any settings so you can compare your rig and see how good it is.

the 750ti is old. im assuring your CPU might be too. so its just too much for your computer most likely 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

10 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My guess is that your PC is "on the edge", and the benchmarks are simply more demanding than games, and thus push it far enough to reveal the problems and/or instability, while the games do not.

10 hours ago, Clockwork_princess said:

benchmarks are made to be very demanding, while games are made to be played and you can change the settings so it runs fine for you,

but benchmarks are made all the same and you cant change any settings so you can compare your rig and see how good it is.

the 750ti is old. im assuring your CPU might be too. so its just too much for your computer most likely 

Update: I tested my I3-4170 in Prime95 and it's working like a chram so Cpu isn't the issue.

And i updated the drivers and did a DDU clean install to Nvidia latest drivers. and the crashing issue is still there.

And another update Lol xD

My psu is having a fan party like it's so noisy. As for the brand of the psu. it's chinese(that's an HTPC and i didn't really wanna pay huge for a psu though it ran like a charm for year and a half) and it says 1200 watts lol.

Could my PSU be the issue ?

I will try and get a "good" psu today and test it.

Hope it works because that 750 Ti is so young :''(

I would presume the graphics card is the problem.

I am currently running a 760 in my machine and benchmarks like 3DMark and Valley freeze and sometimes even crash.

While this is the case many games, even new games like PUBG, will run (albeit at the lowest settings).

I presume age of the graphics card is the issue, as many of these benchmarks are made to be taxing on even the newest equipment.

Hope this helps!

3 minutes ago, jaysangwan32 said:

I would presume the graphics card is the problem.

I am currently running a 760 in my machine and benchmarks like 3DMark and Valley freeze and sometimes even crash.

While this is the case many games, even new games like PUBG, will run (albeit at the lowest settings).

I presume age of the graphics card is the issue, as many of these benchmarks are made to be taxing on even the newest equipment.

Hope this helps!

But the gpu was fine and ran (Heaven and Valley And FurMark ) before like it should.

And i don't know what is the problem. 
I'm confused and really don't know what is the problem.

The GPU fan works and didn't ever hit 70C ever.
Cpu is Doing it's job pretty good.

Case fans are on and going, Mobo is on and no issues.

And note this system was running everything pretty good until i reinstalled windows 10 again.

Man i'm confused.

7 hours ago, adham. said:

Update: I tested my I3-4170 in Prime95 and it's working like a chram so Cpu isn't the issue.

And i updated the drivers and did a DDU clean install to Nvidia latest drivers. and the crashing issue is still there.

And another update Lol xD

My psu is having a fan party like it's so noisy. As for the brand of the psu. it's chinese(that's an HTPC and i didn't really wanna pay huge for a psu though it ran like a charm for year and a half) and it says 1200 watts lol.

Could my PSU be the issue ?

I will try and get a "good" psu today and test it.

Hope it works because that 750 Ti is so young :''(

Yeah PSU could be the problem.  GPU could be a problem too I suppose, we dont have enough to know with any real certainty yet imo

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.