Intel Truekey Face Recognition Ends September 12, 2017

Just a quick note if you have set up your less tech-savvy family with Intel's Truekey password manager, or use it yourself. This software will no longer support facial recognition as of 12/Sep/2017, so you may wish to get your person set up with a master password that they know and will remember, as otherwise they will be locked out of Truekey.

I personally have found the app super useful for all my 100+ work passwords and having the facial recognition has been perfect to just get on with signing in to the websites and for two-factor authentication. The app stores a few passwords for free but requires a paid subscription to store more. It's a little odd that Intel would discontinue what I see as the main feature of the software, but I guess that's their business.

You can use the Truekey app through the Edge browser in conjunction with Windows Hello to get your face unlocking again, but this requires the specific hardware for Hello and the use of Edge...

Link to Source: Truekey Blog

On September 12, 2017, the True Key extension will no longer support the facial recognition feature, Face, as a security and authentication factor. Face support for Android and iOS devices will be ending on September 25, 2017.

From this date on, you'll be prompted to enter your Master Password each time you go to log in to your True Key profile. If you use Face to verify your identity, please ensure you know your Master Password to avoid being locked out. If you do not know your Master Password or have forgotten it, please reset it by clicking "Forgot your Master Password?" on the sign in screen and follow the steps.

What happens if I forget my password and want to access my True Key profile after September 12, 2017?
If you have a Trusted Device + Face set as security factors, you can still recover your Master Password by clicking on "Forgot your Master Password?" on both mobile and desktop apps. After October 1, 2017, you will no longer be possible to recover your Master Password and will need to create a whole new True Key profile to continue saving passwords.

Can I still use two factors to sign in to True Key?
Yes, you can still use a combination of your Master Password + 2nd Trusted Device, or Master Password + Email.