GPU not being detected?

Immrchamp

hello. so im having some issues with my pc. i hit the power button and a light turns on on my mobo, then a few seconds later it turns off. i looked up what that light is and it says that my gpu isnt detected. it gets to the login screen and the screen resolution isnt normal, but i login. after about 30 seconds to a minute a get a grey then black screen and i hear my system reboot by its self. after it rebooted i logged in again and it did the same thing, but i tried to load up the nvidia control panel and it said that there was no nvidia device connected. im thinking to my self how is there no nvidia device when my 970 is in and there is something on my monitor. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! 

ps if you need any other info please just ask and ill will let you know at the best of my ability.  

doesnt sound good! have you tried another PCIE slot?

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Yeah, try what MrMarriarty said, if you don't have another PCIe slot, I guees your pretty much fucked, your just gonna go need get a new Mother board

try re seating the card try wiggleing the power connectors try a different pcie port try changing the bios to run off external graphics rather than intergrated

Just now, MrMarriarty said:

doesnt sound good! have you tried another PCIE slot?

unfortunately i have a really crappy motherboard that only has on pcie x16 slot. :/

Just now, Immrchamp said:

unfortunately i have a really crappy motherboard that only has on pcie x16 slot. :/

Did the old GPU work?, or did you even had one before?

Just now, Immrchamp said:

hum in my opinion either your PCIE slot is knackered or the card is, so i dont know how you can test with only 1 slot :(

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Just now, lonleyspoon said:

Did the old GPU work?, or did you even had one before?

no i dont have another gpu

if it has a 4x slot under it you could try running it off that for a while but i think you need a riser for that and performance wouldnt be that good

3 minutes ago, Immrchamp said:

no i dont have another gpu

Well then, I hate to break it to ya' but... your fucked

1 minute ago, lonleyspoon said:

Well then, I hate to break it to ya' but... your fucked

yea thats what i thought. im in the process of buy all the parts for a new system so its not the biggest deal. i can still use it, just on integrated graphics. but thanks for the help anyways! 

Well i my be one of the biggest dumb asses lol. i guess i accidentally delete the GPU driver! i have had problems for weeks now and thats the issue! sometimes i just hate drivers lol.