Static Pressure or Air Flow fans for case?

ShadyOrb09

Hey, one of the fans in my Fractal Design Define R4 broke, and the other one at the back is beginning to rattle and make a lot of noise. 

I'm looking to buy some new fans, but I can't decide if I should get SP fans or AF fans. The ones that originally came in the case look like SP fans, but I can't find them on amazon to bring up the specs.

I'd assume they are, at least the front intake because of the lack of breathing room.

Case Fan in back of picture: http://www.fractal-design.com/media/9a5fa27a-596b-40a2-af32-578e845ee10c

I'd prefer to get static pressure fans because I can buy a twin pack of 140mm SP Corsair fans for like $30 vs $40 for 2 seperate 140mm AF fans.

Thanks

Does your front intake have a filter close to the front panel?

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

1 minute ago, Gumi Rokkaku said:

Does your front intake have a filter close to the front panel?

Yes, it has a detachable filter.

You could probably go SP on the front as intake if you really want. AF would still probably be better.
For exhaust, I would only use AF. Unless it's on a rad, in which case I'd use SP.

Gaming PCs:

1 minute ago, Gumi Rokkaku said:

You could probably go SP on the front as intake if you really want. AF would still probably be better.
For exhaust, I would only use AF. Unless it's on a rad, in which case I'd use SP.

Well, they're both identical fans. In the end of the day would it really matter if I used SP vs AF for intake and exhaust?

SP for intake. AF for exhaust

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Damn, it's gonna be kind of expensive that way xD.

This is the intake.

1 minute ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

Well, they're both identical fans.

They're probably both AF

2 minutes ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

would it really matter if I used SP vs AF for intake and exhaust?

Probably not TBH

Gaming PCs:

Just now, Gumi Rokkaku said:

They're probably both AF

Probably not TBH

Yeah I didn't think it would matter, screw it I'll go with SP I guess. I'll keep looking, but $45 for fans is a little painful.

25 minutes ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

Hey, one of the fans in my Fractal Design Define R4 broke, and the other one at the back is beginning to rattle and make a lot of noise. 

I'm looking to buy some new fans, but I can't decide if I should get SP fans or AF fans. The ones that originally came in the case look like SP fans, but I can't find them on amazon to bring up the specs.

I'd assume they are, at least the front intake because of the lack of breathing room.

Case Fan in back of picture: http://www.fractal-design.com/media/9a5fa27a-596b-40a2-af32-578e845ee10c

I'd prefer to get static pressure fans because I can buy a twin pack of 140mm SP Corsair fans for like $30 vs $40 for 2 seperate 140mm AF fans.

Thanks

just go for airflow fans

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Static Pressure might not be quite as good in airflow conditions, but that can be made up for with higher speeds and they preform far better then AF fans do at static pressure situations so static pressure fans are the all around best choice for fans

Turns out my case is compatible with 120mm as well as 140mm, so looks like I'm getting a twin pack of AF120 Corsair Fans. D'oh!