Lighting Node Pro help

ramm

Hello,

I'm having some problems with my recent purchase. I'm installing the Corsair Lighing Node but i'm not sure how it works. I bought a Corsair HD 140mm fan along with it, which it should also support http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-lighting-node-pro

But for some reason, the 2x HD RGB LED fan hub adapter cable don't seem to fit on the fan in any way. Did my package had the wrong cables?

The fan has a 4pin fan connector and a 4pin rgb connector, while the corsair so called 'adapter' only has 3 pins

Can anyone help me? Much appreciated

Thanks

EDIT: Because the corsair HD RGB fan did not work out of the box, I decided to Switch to NZXT Hue+ along with a AER Fan. This works without any problems!

From the website, it looks like It's directly mentioning that you need to buy the RGB fan hub to work alongside what you've bought since the node pro is only used for Corsair specific lighting strips.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

From the website, it looks like It's directly mentioning that you need to buy the RGB fan hub to work alongside what you've bought since the node pro is only used for Corsair specific lighting strips.

What fan hub exactly? I can't seem to find any fan hubs.

3 minutes ago, ramm said:

What fan hub exactly? I can't seem to find any fan hubs.

Click here <- This is the only thing that makes sense, but they want it to connect to the main controller?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I see it now, I think that's if you want multiple fans but there is still 1 of 2 headers free on the lighting node.

This sucks, why did they include those 2 adapter cables then. :(

The adapter cables have 3 female pins but only 2 wires, so that makes a total of 4 wires. I think it should be possible because afterall the rgb fan is just the same as a led strip but only the shape is different. Maybe I need to find out which cables to connect it to and then I can just solder the wires?

1 minute ago, Hiitchy said:

Click here <- This is the only thing that makes sense, but they want it to connect to the main controller?

Hmmm, my pc shop doesn't sell that thing and it didn't even mention it anywhere... I guess I could order it but I dont wanna wait weeks before it arrives in the mail since i'm working on it now. Also, another hub for a single fan seems overkill. That must be for the people who use multiple fans. Thanks for the help though I appreciate it. But I think there must be a way to connect it directly to it. If I can only find out which wire does what, it's a 5 minute soldering job. Any advice on how to find out or is this maybe not so good idea? Dont wanna break my new lighting node pro lol

Can you send a picture of the lighting node? I think you might have the one that is not meant for adressable rgb's. I have the lighting node in my case(corsair 460x RGB), and it does not work with the HD120's, without the specific fan rgb controller

6 minutes ago, tarmacd said:

Can you send a picture of the lighting node? I think you might have the one that is not meant for adressable rgb's. I have the lighting node in my case(corsair 460x RGB), and it does not work with the HD120's, without the specific fan rgb controller

my lighting node is already working with addressable leds but ill upload some pics

Dfpow3K.jpg

4cKyhsA.jpg

By the way I did find an arrow on the rgb connector of the fan, this arrow I also have on classic (non individual addressable) led strips. So I think I can work out which wires to use but that still leaves me with 1 extra wire. My individual lighting node led strips only have 3 wires but they are individual addressable, which is also confusing to me because I thought you needed 4 wires for that

1 minute ago, tarmacd said:

I think what you need is the commander pro, that is just for their led strips so far as I know.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-commander-pro

That... can't be right. 70 bucks for some other black box in your case just to hook up a single fan to the lighting node?

That how it is if you want to be able to address them. Thanks Corsair!!! That is what has kept me from upgrading the lighting in my case. I can't seem to find an affordable route with fans and the like, and have one program to control it. I have on-board RGB headers that can handle 5050 and similar strips, but not addressable. And then it has 1, just 1 single rgb fan header. Guess that's what I get for buying a cheap mobo haha. I've been looking into it more recently, and it seems like it'd be cheaper to buy a Raspberry Pi to control the lighting in my case, than any of the other proprietary solutions from Corsair and the like.

To add, I cannot even change out my Sp fans on my case for HD fans without buying their own dedicated controller. And, that still does not afford addressing the LED's without getting the commander pro.

The one I have.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-sp-rgb-fan-led-controller

The one that shouldn't exist.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-hd-rgb-fan-led-controller

And then you still need this.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub

They make a good product, but in this case they will not get my money. I will sooner come up with my own solution, regardless how long it takes.

I think im just gonna try to hook the fan up directly to the lighting node with soldering and see if it works

otherwise i might order that 10 dollar hub and wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but it is really stupid that you need an extra hub to connect a single fan to the lighting node since the lighting node has 1 out of 2 slots still free. And you can connect 4 strips all individually from a single slot on the lighting node, i'm stubborn and think it should be possible

2 minutes ago, ramm said:

I have no idea what im doing

its interesting though

Hahaha.

Two completely different methods of opreation there, though the voltage is low enough that it wont hurt anything I don't think. 5050 led's use a smd controller that applies voltage to a specific color to light up. The corsair fans use PWM, in this case all the led's are powered, but the change in power on the common line will change colors acoordingly.

Just now, tarmacd said:

Hahaha.

Two completely different methods of opreation there, though the voltage is low enough that it wont hurt anything I don't think. 5050 led's use a smd controller that applies voltage to a specific color to light up. The corsair fans use PWM, in this case all the led's are powered, but the change in power on the common line will change colors acoordingly.

ok, so is there any way you can tell if i might damage it when i solder it up directly on the lighting node? i dont really care about the fan as much as I care about the lighting node, so i\d rather have a broken fan instead of the lighting node because that means i cant use the led strips too anymore

Does the fan have separate power leads and rgb leads? If so, its possible. If it's on one ribbon, then it will be slightly more complicated. I don't know if they share PWM for both RPM control as well as addressable LED's

they both have an arrow but one has 4 pins and the other 3 pins

im trying now but the male to male connecters i have from the 5050 leds are slightly smaller than the pins that fit on the corsair lighting node stuff so im bending them a bit trying to make them fit and i guess I will find out if it works in a few minutes

if it does work im just going to solder them later

hold on

Ok i've connected them with the arrows lined up but there doesnt seem to be happening anything, no light and no smoke... So i just need to find out how to connect the wires with eachother

Did the fan or controller come with a 3 pin to 2 pin adapter, that might allow you to hook it up to the lighting node. You will not be able to get that to work off the 5050 RGB controller. Two completely different methods of getting to the same goal, but incompatible none the less.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-link-parts

Did the fan or controller come with a 3 pin to 2 pin adapter, that might allow you to hook it up to the lighting node. You will not be able to get that to work off the 5050 RGB controller. Two completely different methods of getting to the same goal, but incompatible none the less.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-link-parts

yes those are the 2 cables i have

Can you not plug the 3pin side into the fans led lead, and the 2 pin side into the lighting node?

Can you not plug the 3pin side into the fans led lead, and the 2 pin side into the lighting node?

What do you mean exactly? The thing also is.. those 2 cables we were talking about have 3 pins but only 2 wires coming out of it

I did manage to hook up the leds of the fan to the lighting node, but only 1 led is on and its just green. I dont know what this could mean?

Yup, that's fine. PWM, when daisychained usually only needs two of the tree wires. My H100i v2 cooler has 2 PWM fans, with 4pin leads,but the fan lead coming off the block has one 3pin and one 4pin fan connector. They work as they should.

Try it. Worse that can happen is your back in the same place.