Format SSD within Windows or Secure Erase?

I finished purchasing all of the parts for my new build and have a question regarding my SSD setup.

My current system is running on a 250gb Samsung 840.  I purchased an additional 250gb EVO for use with my new build.  I planned on installing windows on this new clean drive and formatting my current 840 to use as a secondary drive (not interested in raid).

My plan is to do the following:

1. Plug only the new EVO into my motherboard, boot from usb and install windows.
  2. Shut down and plug in my mechanical HDD and SSD (with old windows install).
  3. Right click the SSD within windows explorer and select format to wipe it clean.

I was wondering if this approach makes sense or if I would be better off looking into Secure Erase using something like Samsung's magician software.

Thanks for any info.

put both in, Run the windows installer and when it comes to selecting the partitions etc. just erase the 840 partition on there.

If you are going to keep the drive there is no need for secure erasing as all modern SSD's use a thing called TRIM, It basically goes around all the sectors continually and secure wipes them fro you to keep the SSD at top speeds.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

So deleting the partition(s) in custom installation for the 840 performs a clean format and windows will take care of any garbage collection/TRIM after I install on the clean EVO drive?

yup

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)