390x temps

Dogsparky

Would anyone say that 80-85c while playing assassins creed revelations for a graphics card to be normal? Just wondering if it is normal don't need anything else other that like suggestions, i run it on auto fan speed though from AMD crimson and don't really want to install their over drive stuff 

it's normal if the fan isn't spinning very fast , if you don't care about noise then crank it up real high and it should go down by 10-15 degrees easy

1 minute ago, emosun said:

it's normal if the fan isn't spinning very fast , if you don't care about noise then crank it up real high and it should go down by 10-15 degrees easy

it is spinning very fast, i can hear it over my headphones

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

thinking about getting another fan to put on the side of my case since it blows almost directly onto the graphics card

i have a Gigabyte r9-390 (stock clocks and fan profile) and it enjoys getting fairly toasty. I choose my graphics settings to suit my noise (and heat) preferences.

I can play runescape at lowest settings and I get about 70C (which the fan isn't too noisy) and at ultra settings it runs peaks at 82c it also increases my case fan RPM making things quite noisy.

when I first got my card, any game on ultra settings it was running around 82C peak and would not go higher unless I increased fan profile which was too noisy for me.

Edit: In summary, its normal

With the average fan profile yep

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

17 minutes ago, emosun said:

whats the actual percentage and whats the room temp

about 30 degrees F, and it spokes between 70-90 or so but hovers around 60-70 most of the time 

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

With the average fan profile yep

how do i change the fan profile?

I don't know about which fan profile you are talking about. I use 3rd part utilities such as Asus GPU Tweak II to control the fan speeds. 

Just now, Dogsparky said:

Msi afterburner, you can set a custom fan curve. My 390x never went above 75*C but i let the fans run to 100%.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

I used to use MSI afterburner.

global wattman only lets you have a fixed rpm

Just now, Pohernori said:

Msi afterburner, you can set a custom fan curve. My 390x never went above 75*C but i let the fans run to 100%.

100% is real loud! I don't have ears for it. but yes at 100% 75C was about what I got too

1 minute ago, Fessas said:

100% is real loud! I don't have ears for it. but yes at 100% 75C was about what I got too

so i should be fine where i am now then?

3 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

so i should be fine where i am now then?

the temperature is perfectly fine, nothing to worry about... as long as you know your card isn't throttling clock speeds for what ever reason at that temp (is shouldn't be)

Edit: If it is throttling then you would want to make a custom fan profile which makes it spin 100% earlier

4 minutes ago, Fessas said:

Yeap 100% has never been silent

Just now, Pohernori said:

Yeap 100% has never been silent

i found my stock profile to be best for noise to performance.

and overclocking didn't get me much cos at the time the 390 was too much for most 1080p games at 60fps

Just now, Fessas said:

the temperature is perfectly fine, nothing to worry about... as long as you know your card isn't throttling clock speeds for what ever reason at that temp (is shouldn't be)

alright good, i will probably wait until i have enough money to get something from nvidia within this year, may wait for volta though, they seem to run quieter and cooler, i don't use freesync much, if at all anyways

Just now, Fessas said:

i found my stock profile to be best for noise to performance.

and overclocking didn't get me much cos at the time the 390 was too much for most 1080p games at 60fps

i don't overclock, never needed to

2 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

alright good, i will probably wait until i have enough money to get something from nvidia within this year, may wait for volta though, they seem to run quieter and cooler, i don't use freesync much, if at all anyways

i was thinking the same... find a quieter card... but its not really worth the money i spent on the 390 to throw it away if it still does what i need.

upgrading would be too costly to go to a 1070 or better for the savings i got atm

Edit: Savings = money in bank account

2 minutes ago, Fessas said:

i was thinking the same... find a quieter card... but its not really worth the money i spent on the 390 to throw it away if it still does what i need.

upgrading would be too costly to go to a 1070 or better for the savings i got atm

Edit: Savings = money in bank account

i don't even have a job so there is no savings i go out and do stuff to earn money for a specific thing, so there is no savings here for me, but it works fine i just wasn't sure if that was hot for the card or not

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

i don't even have a job so there is no savings i go out and do stuff to earn money for a specific thing, so there is no savings here for me, but it works fine i just wasn't sure if that was hot for the card or not

temps are safe dw :)

1 hour ago, Fessas said:

temps are safe dw :)

probably just going to move one of my front fans to the side panel that will be blowing on the graphics card since i am wanting to get the the ML 120s led for the front of my case for better cooling,  better than the fans i have now, glad to know it isn't THAT bad at least