Help Deciding On New Cpu

I'm new to forums like this but I'm here today for some help on a difficult decision. I've been collecting parts for a new build but the hardest decision for me is either to get the AMD THREADRIPPER (16 core/32 thread)  or wait and get the I9 Cpus that are coming out? Both are great and are exactly what I need for what I do but I cant decide on wether to get the 1000 dollar AMD or the I9s when they come out. Would love to get either and money is not my issue but i want every bang for my buck. Help would be super great. Thank you

What do you do? Do you use anything that utilises AVX-512? TR would probably be better value otherwise. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

How many cores does the $1000 Core i9 have? I would still get the Threadripper cpu, because it's probably still a better value.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, rn8686 said:

What do you do? Do you use anything that utilises AVX-512? TR would probably be better value otherwise. 

Nothing super technical. Just something that can really help with rendering projects and other task like gaming. I've never heard of  AVX-512 and i would to know more of what that is. Also thanks 

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

How many cores does the $1000 Core i9 have? I would still get the Threadripper cpu, because it's probably still a better value.

10 compared to the 16 that the AMD TR has. I've also never had an AMD CPU before so I don't know how long it would last me; like my Intel that I've had for at least 4 years now

Just now, Swas2am said:

10 compared to the 16 that the AMD TR has. I've also never had an AMD CPU before so I don't know how long it would last me; like my Intel that I've had for at least 4 years now

16 cores will probably last you the next 10-20 years, and I'm still using a 2006 Core 2 Quad in my main gaming/streaming rig. A cpu should never break unless you let it overheat, give it too much voltage, or it gets physically damaged.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

16 cores will probably last you the next 10-20 years, and I'm still using a 2006 Core 2 Quad in my main gaming/streaming rig. A cpu should never break unless you let it overheat, give it too much voltage, or it gets physically damaged.

Thank you for the response. I was mainly talking about how long it would last over time. Like how my Intel has never dropped performance over the years

5 minutes ago, Swas2am said:

Thank you for the response. I was mainly talking about how long it would last over time. Like how my Intel has never dropped performance over the years

performance doesn't really degrade over time, but newer cpus tend to get instruction per clock improvements and extra instruction sets allowing them to do more, or do the same stuff in a faster way, both play a part in CPUs lagging behind their more modern counterparts

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

29 minutes ago, Swas2am said:

Nothing super technical. Just something that can really help with rendering projects and other task like gaming. I've never heard of  AVX-512 and i would to know more of what that is. Also thanks 

AVX is just an instruction set, useful for compute applications. TR would be better value than an i9 for you, though could just save and get R7 unless you really need alot of cores. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

1 hour ago, rn8686 said:

AVX is just an instruction set, useful for compute applications. TR would be better value than an i9 for you, though could just save and get R7 unless you really need alot of cores. 

Thank you soo much for your help. I've just been an Intel user for so long that i didn't know witch one to get.

1 hour ago, rn8686 said:

hey sorry to ask anymore from you but could you recommend me a good motherboard and cooler to go with it

30 minutes ago, Swas2am said:

hey sorry to ask anymore from you but could you recommend me a good motherboard and cooler to go with it

The Asus Prime X399-A looks good, perhaps a Kracken X62/H115i or NH-U14S TR4-SP3 for an an air cooler. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

1 hour ago, rn8686 said:

The Asus Prime X399-A looks good, perhaps a Kracken X62/H115i or NH-U14S TR4-SP3 for an an air cooler. 

I can't thank you enough for your help