My wet smartphone has some..'problems'.

InsanityWolf

So because I don't want to waste time I usually bathe and watch a video at the same time.Well,today was the day that a bunch of water got all over my phone and guess what the best part is;it's not waterproof certified.Some more bad news is that after it got wet I had to go out and came back after about 4-5 hours and when I started using it I experienced these problems:The speakers sound very distorted even at very low volume and when plugged,the phone's battery neither goes up nor down.The model I have is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with 3gb of ram and 32gb of storage.It's an android phone that has the usb type c connector in the middle of the bottom portion and the speakers on the left and right of the usb connector.Any help would be appriciated ;)

turn it off, take it apart as much as possible, and leave it alone for 48 hours

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

take it apart as much as possible

I actually can't take a single part off except from the sim card slot.God damnit new phones and their non removable battariesAnyways thanks for the tip.I hope this works.

Leave it in a bag of rice overnight in a closet or something along those lines. It'll soak up all the water. Saved plenty of phones that way