Rainbow six siege

Swegly

I've been wanting to play a different competetive FPS game lately, so I gave rainbow six siege a try again since I hadnt played it after its horrible launch. The concept of the game is really awesome imo but I feel like the gameplay is total shite and would like to see if anyone agrees with my reasoning why. 

- Spawn killing.

- The maps are claustraphobic AF.

- Many gimmicky operators who dont really even do anything important.

- TONS of situations where you cant visibly see the enemy who is killing you when you were staring at the exact position they killed you from.

- People running around like the game is COD

- THE LOADING/SPECTATING TIMES TAKE FOREVER

Honestly I cant see how this game is even considered to be an esport game and was just wondering what you all think about it. Im only frustrated and writting this post since im burnt out on literally all competetive fps games and RSS was my last resort.

btw I have played the game non stop for a week now, hoping that I just had to adjust to the gameplay style of siege, so I didnt just play anything short of 20-30 games before writting this post.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

- Ya spawn killing is a problem I can agree with you on that, they are attempting to fix it, its ubi so low hope.

- Small maps are just part of the game, once you keep playing for a while you will learn to loosen up as you learn the map flow and it won't feel as claustrophobic.

- Some operators i don't like, but they have their place (also helps when your on a team and everyone knows what their supposed to do with their op.)

- Yes I hate this (lighting i'm guessing) the next patch should help balance out the overblown and under exposed spots in maps.

- kinda became the meta this season due to the 3 speed ops. hopefully it will slow down next DLC.

- SSDs are your friend.

EDIT: with the E-sport thing, this game has the potential in terms of gameplay, but there is so many exploits i see in ESL it's a joke, also bugs and sever problems all the time. I wish they would get their ass in high gear, you can only hope.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

3 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

- Ya spawn killing is a problem I can agree with you on that, they are attempting to fix it, its ubi so low hope.

- Small maps are just part of the game, once you keep playing for a while you will learn to loosen up as you learn the map flow and it won't feel as claustrophobic.

- Some operators i don't like, but they have their place (also helps when your on a team and everyone knows what their supposed to do with their op.)

- Yes I hate this (lighting i'm guessing) the next patch should help balance out the overblown and under exposed spots in maps.

- kinda became the meta this season due to the 3 speed ops. hopefully it will slow down next DLC.

- SSDs are your friend.

EDIT: with the E-sport thing, this game has the potential in terms of gameplay, but there is so many exploits i see in ESL it's a joke, also bugs and sever problems all the time. I wish they would get their ass in high gear, you can only hope.

long term player (since launch) here. i agree with most of the things your saying. SSDs are HUGE. very important. as far as the claustrophobic maps go @Swegly the map opens more through gameplay destruction but i understand what you mean. map knowledge will make the maps better to play on.(except Bartlett university. that map sucks) on the 5th of september is a large update to the game. this season was titled operation health and ubisoft has stated they are addressing lots of stuff. lighting and servers are both getting huge overhalls and are getting lots of positve feedback so far(on the test servers anyway). also ubisoft is taking steps to slow down the gameplay through new trap OPs and nerfed defensive 3 speeds. the game started with a small community so the updates are only now really starting to catch up with the current player base. the game is definitely not for everyone but is worth a chance IMO

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb