NEW CPU OLD GPU PLEASE HELP

Hi, I recently upgraded my CPU Motheboard RAM and CPU Cooling.

I went from an AMD 6300 to a Intel i7 7700k (so quite a big increase). However I am getting more FPS I seem to be having FPS spikes. I play csgo, one minute i will have 300 fps then i will quickly drop to 90 then shoot back up to 280-300. 

MY SPECS NOW:

CPU: i7 7700k

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i

Motherboard: Asus TUF z270 mark 2

PowerSupply: 850 WAtt

Harddrive: 1TB

RAM: 8gb DDR4

GPU: AMD 270

Could my problem be that I have a slow GPU but a fast CPU?? Causing a sort of bottleneck?

P.S. I have tried installing and uninstalling all necessary drivers. I don't know what my problem is. 

ONLY thing i could think of is the bottleneck, if that is right i just want some clarification.

Thanks, 

-JMay262

2 minutes ago, jmay262 said:

~Snip~

It could be the problem, but there could also be tons of other things causing freeze ups.

What RAM are you running? The only time I've had something like this was with really, really old and slow RAM.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Did you reinstall windows when you changed CPU? If you haven't, sometimes it can cause issues, especially going from AMD to Intel (and vice-versa).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Did you reinstall windows when you changed CPU? If you haven't, sometimes it can cause issues, especially going from AMD to Intel (and vice-versa).

I didnt reinstall it but, i did re-activate it through a card I got when i bought Windows. Would that do the same thing? or no?

Just now, jmay262 said:

I didnt reinstall it but, i did re-activate it through a card I got when i bought Windows. Would that do the same thing? or no?

Nope, you'll need to do a complete reinstall of windows...which may be problematic for some...

15 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

It could be the problem, but there could also be tons of other things causing freeze ups.

What RAM are you running? The only time I've had something like this was with really, really old and slow RAM.

My RAM is brand new "Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4-2133 PC4-17000 CL14 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Module"

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nope, you'll need to do a complete reinstall of windows...which may be problematic for some...

How would i go about doing it, I dont have a disk drive but i do have a "Windows 8.1 Product Key" would i just be able to use that? 

Just now, jmay262 said:

How would i go about doing it, I dont have a disk drive but i do have a "Windows 8.1 Product Key" would i just be able to use that? 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc

I guess try refresh first then reset if refresh doesn't work :) 

BTW, if you don't want to completely reinstall your steam library and what not, make a copy of the files somewhere else as even refresh will delete everything while reset will delete everything on all drives (I'm pretty sure) sooooo...just make sure you back up any important files/pictures/whatever you don't want to delete. 

2 minutes ago, jmay262 said:

If you are running Windows 8.1 it's very likely you can recover the OS without the need for additional steps. Just head into the modern configurations menu instead of the normal configuration panel and search for the recovery panel. If things are set-up the ordinary way, you can set up Windows from scratch right from there. 

If it isn't from there you need either a flash-drive or a bootable CD if you don't have these you can download Windows 8.1 here from Microsoft by simply entering your product key: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8 

Good luck

39 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc

I guess try refresh first then reset if refresh doesn't work :) 

BTW, if you don't want to completely reinstall your steam library and what not, make a copy of the files somewhere else as even refresh will delete everything while reset will delete everything on all drives (I'm pretty sure) sooooo...just make sure you back up any important files/pictures/whatever you don't want to delete. 

Thanks for the help! I'm upgrading my GPU tomorrow anyway so im going to wait for that and if the issue continues then i will do what you said. Thanks anyway!