fixing a non-responsive hard drive

Hello LTT community,

Today I have come to you with my first dilemma that I have been unable to solve on my own. 

Recently I purchased a new power supply for my rig while I was out of town, and was very excited to get it setup when I got home.

Unfortunately, I was very tired after a night of drinking, getting 5 hours of sleep, then driving for 5 hours. So I believe that there is a very good chance that my problem was due to user error but I cannot be for sure.

So I get home and remove my old PSU, and hook up the new one. I plug everything in and boot up my pc. It starts as normal but then I soon realize that 3 of my hard drives are not recognized by the PC. I check the cables to make sure they're all plugged in - and they are. After a bit more investigating I realize that the drives are not even powering on. I try plugging them into different SATA connectors, and even into a different computer entirely and am unable to get the disks to produce any sign of life. 

I decided to remove the control board from one drive to look for burn marks, as the SATA power cable may have shorted them somehow. But I was unable to find anything that looked out of the ordinary. I ended up sacrificing the same drive and opened it up entirely to see if there was any visible damage inside the enclosure, which I was unable to find either.

Does anyone have any other advice as to what may have happened to my drives? I refuse to believe that they are broken for good. There has to be something I can tweak, solder, or replace to get these guys up and running again!

Thanks,

Alamist