1 Slot SLI HB Bridge

Metalshark

Are there any 1 slot SLI HB Bridges, for 2x single slot water cooled cards right next to each other?

Did your motherboard come with any?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

@Billy_Mays came with 2 slot, 3 slot and 4 slot.

Am using Riser Cables in the build.

Not the end of the world to re-order cards and put a 2 slot in with a card in between, but if a 1 slot is available then am more keen to use it.

Don't ASUS boards come with flexible HB SLI bridges? Or is that another company?

i7-12700k | MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 | 2x16GB Team Group DDR4-3200CL14 | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | EVGA FTW3 2070 SUPER | 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM | Fractal Design Meshify C

15 minutes ago, idiot42 said:

Don't ASUS boards come with flexible HB SLI bridges? Or is that another company?

@idiot42 LED/HB Bridges aren't the flexible type surely. You can flex a standard bridge though. Happy to be wrong.

NvidiaRecBridge.png

It should have had a single slot but which GPUs motherboard?

@idiot42 he tried to mention both of us 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

It should have had a single slot but which GPUs motherboard?

Motherboard/GPUs don't really matter (ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme VI and 2x Titan Xp).

The case requires the use of risers (Lian Li DK Q2X) and I need to get a RAID card and a capture card in there too.

Am doing some modding on the risers to get all 4 in.

risers.jpg

5 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

Motherboard/GPUs don't really matter (ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme VI and 2x Titan Xp).

The case requires the use of risers (Lian Li DK Q2X) and I need to get a RAID card and a capture card in there too.

Am doing some modding on the risers to get all 4 in.

risers.jpg

EVGA has some good ones out there

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

EVGA has some good ones out there

@Billy_Mays Can't see any HB SLI Bridges for 1 slot cards from EVGA.

Hopefully the photo shows why the difficulty isn't motherboard based.

If the worst comes to the worst will just re-order the cards to not be next to each other and grab a Zotac (prefer the aesthetic). But if anyone knows where you can get a 1 slot HB SLI Bridge I'd be grateful.

5 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

@Billy_Mays Can't see any HB SLI Bridges for 1 slot cards from EVGA.

Hopefully the photo shows why the difficulty isn't motherboard based.

If the worst comes to the worst will just re-order the cards to not be next to each other and grab a Zotac (prefer the aesthetic). But if anyone knows where you can get a 1 slot HB SLI Bridge I'd be grateful.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Bridge-Slot-Spacing-100-2W-0026-LR/dp/B01HSRK8NQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504012350&sr=8-1&keywords=1+slot+high+bandwidth+SLI

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-RGB-Spacing-Graphic-GC-A2WAYSLI/dp/B06ZXRHXGF/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504012350&sr=8-3&keywords=1+slot+high+bandwidth+SLI

9 minutes ago, Hackoroid said:

I think he means 0 slot spacing hb sli bridge with 1 slot cards.

@Hackoroid I do indeed. @Billy_Mays those links are 3 slots apart, despite being called 1 slot bridges.

SLI_Bridge_HB_Line_Drawing.jpg

08.gif

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

27 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

@Frankenburger thanks, but again you'll notice that it is two slots wide. I need a one slot wide version:

SLI_Bridge_HB_Line_Drawing.jpg

Gotcha. I misunderstood.

IIRC, HB bridges don't come in the single connector variety, since they use both connectors on each card for the extra bandwidth. You can still link both cards in SLI with a standard adapter though.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

43 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

Gotcha. I misunderstood.

IIRC, HB bridges don't come in the single connector variety, since they use both connectors on each card for the extra bandwidth. You can still link both cards in SLI with a standard adapter though.

@Frankenburger there's a drop in performance, even if I use 2x standard bridges. Would prefer to put a card inbetween them then use a 2 slot (0 slot) bridge.

Was hoping that someone would know of a HB bridge out there. Am going through some of the Tyan stuff right now as it may be adjustable and capable of the higher speeds despite being the older bridge types.

3 hours ago, Metalshark said:

@Frankenburger there's a drop in performance, even if I use 2x standard bridges. Would prefer to put a card inbetween them then use a 2 slot (0 slot) bridge.

Was hoping that someone would know of a HB bridge out there. Am going through some of the Tyan stuff right now as it may be adjustable and capable of the higher speeds despite being the older bridge types.

How much of a drop in performance are you seeing? Also, what resolution are you playing at and what's your target frame rate?

Before I got my HB bridge for my previous SLI 1080 ACX, I was running the single connector SLI bridge I had been previously using on my SLI 980 setup. When I switched over to the HB bridge, I didn't see any gains in performance at 1440p/144hz or at 4k/60hz. Maybe the games I was using didn't benefit from a HB bridge? I tested Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, and GTA:V, and all games showed the same performance on the old bridge vs the HB bridge.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

5 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

How much of a drop in performance are you seeing? Also, what resolution are you playing at and what's your target frame rate?

Before I got my HB bridge for my previous SLI 1080 ACX, I was running the single connector SLI bridge I had been previously using on my SLI 980 setup. When I switched over to the HB bridge, I didn't see any gains in performance at 1440p/144hz or at 4k/60hz. Maybe the games I was using didn't benefit from a HB bridge? I tested Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, and GTA:V, and all games showed the same performance on the old bridge vs the HB bridge.

About 10% drop with triple 1440p monitors if looking at average FPS but the trouble is more the minimums - it gets lumpy at times. Easily solved by reordering the cards and using a HB bridge. It's just aesthetically I'd prefer to keep them together if possible. The Tyan stuff looks promising.

NvidiaRecBridge.png