Windows 10 slow AF

BigCake

@GoodBytes

Basically that 116MB is going wasted... What to do? :/

And now I can't do next because it says "Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" 

Please help I don't know what to do. I am very noon in this case. :(

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

This is the layout, ignore the bottom most one at the bottom:

drive_map.png

I don't whats happening but now my laptop is not recognizing USB anymore. I don't why. I tried plugging that USB in other computer and it isn't showing there aswell. And now my new laptop is just saying "no bootable image" on startup. Please please help me 

@GoodBytes

I fixed it not showing on both laptops but its all formated. I am downloading windows iso file again but I still don't know what to do. Please help me like explain me as you explain a 5 year old. :(

Should I make win 10 bootable image again and plug in laptop again? Please tell me in steps. I am sorry but like I said I am extremely noob. Sorry

I think I did the most stupidiest mistake. I selected disk 1 which I think it was my bootable USB and cleaned it. That's why it was all gone and not working. And not sure about the disk 0 part when I tried to clean. 

46 minutes ago, Atalia Chez said:

Please help I really don't know what to do. 

@GoodBytes

@gabrielcarvfergabrielcarvfgabrielcarvfergabrielcarvfergabrielcarvfgabrielcarvf

1504110469658654708005.jpg

I am literally just beyond noob. Tomorrow is my birthday and this is what I have caused

5 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Haha, did it once too. That's how you learn, by trial and error. 

You will need to flash the Windows iso to an USB drive again and then install Windows.

If you really want to nuke everything in your laptop, you can do it with the Windows installer removing all partitions from your main disk, and installing Windows to the whole disk, (it will automatically create an EFI partition and new recovery partition, but it won't have anything from your OEM).

If you have important stuff on your HD, I would recommend to boot a live Windows ou Linux USB, and then copying that stuff to an external HD before reinstalling Windows.

Congratulations in advance for your bday :D

Thank you so much!

Can you tell me why virtual disk service error was caused? Was it because of I deleted bootable USB? 

I don't want to remove recovery because it might contain important stuff. 

When I created a primary partition of 930GB, it gave me error when I clicked on next, something like "windows was unable to create..." Was displayed. 

4 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

The error is caused because you tried to wipe a disk that contains a partition marked as boot/etc.

If you really want to nuke the disk, run the command 'list part' to list all partitions in that disk, 'select part X' to select the partition you want to remove and then 'delete part override' to nuke it. After that, you should be able to clean without any warning.

Without the rest of message, can't be sure of what error prevented the creation of what you said. Probably it couldn't find space to create the EFI partition (~100MB) and recovery one (~3GB). When you delete all partitions on the disk, it will create all partitions needed automatically.

I don't know what that 'nuke' term really means. I am supposing if I do 'list part' It should show me 3 partitions that are EFS, recovery and primary partition, right?

If I delete every partition in it then what would happen? I hope it doesnt destroys bootloader and then I will have to take it to service center which is literally in another city which is 800KM away from where I am living. :(

1 hour ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Nuke = clean everything (partition tables, that will make really hard to recover any files, and that can be a big problem if you don't have a backup).

If you delete every partition, and then reinstall Windows, it will recreate an EFI one (responsible for boot stuff), a Windows one, and a recovery one.

The bootloader can't really be destroyed, it can be rewritten. You won't need to do that, have some faith :)

I don't know why and how, but after making another boot able USB, now windows is installing without any errors plus I didn't get to remove Acer recovery. :D

When installed will give feedback. Thank you soo much for helping!!!

@gabrielcarvfer

@GoodBytes

Windows is working great! It works faster now but let me install various updates and apps and only then I will be able to tell the true difference. However, I see 3 recovery partitions. I noticed that Windows app store started download crapware again which I had to manually stop it from downloading and installing. Why does this happens?

The one with about 450MB consumed is supposed to be Acer`s recovery

The other one is EFI obviously

Last one, Partition 5, Recovery contains nothing and seems to be a residue of previous recovery?

Also, got rid of Mrs.Cortana :D 

Capture.PNG.50692d55d9be4a35820a1699785f3e73.PNG

7 minutes ago, Atalia Chez said:

@gabrielcarvfer

@GoodBytes

Windows is working great! It works faster now but let me install various updates and apps and only then I will be able to tell the true difference. However, I see 3 recovery partitions. 

The one with about 495MB consumed is supposed to be Acer`s recovery

The other one is EFI obviously

Last one, Partition 5, Recovery contains nothing and seems to be a residue of previous recovery?

See my diagram (middle one). The partitions are correct.

Excellent to hear that everything is working great. Open Device Manager and make sure that all drivers are detected in your system, and install any missing drivers.

7 minutes ago, Atalia Chez said:

Also, got rid of Mrs.Cortana :D

You actually can't :) Just wait until you update your Windows 10 the latest version. Version 1703 Build 15063.xxx.

UPDATE!

Windows is working perfectly now, chrome opens as soon as I click on it! :D

However file explorer is slightly slow but not as slower as it was before. Overall, slight increase in performance and got rid of all hidden crapware aswell.