Mining with 3x RX 560 4gb worth it still and another question

I'm starting to have a serious interest in mining to have something on the side to get money but I know it won't be as profitable as earlier this year but I want to try something out and I found these and I have no clue if they are worth it to buy in a couple of months or should I look into something else for mining Altcoins and another question can you mine multiple currencies at once because with my current card (GTX 770) I can make 19 cents on almost every alt coin but the most profitable is Eth (lbry)

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I have about 36 xfx RX 560's mining rn. Yes, they are profitable, but only in certain situations. The biggest problem I've run into while mining is getting 8 cards to run on one mobo. Personally, I would recommend the RX 570.

Three of them isn't going to do much for you, if you are looking to do a proof of concept for a larger mining operation or just doing it for fun. I'd say go for it.

2.76  ETH per year is my rule of thumb for hashing power on three RX560s.

Good Luck!

4 minutes ago, Quixotic.Estate said:

I have about 36 xfx RX 560's mining rn. Yes, they are profitable, but only in certain situations. The biggest problem I've run into while mining is getting 8 cards to run on one mobo. Personally, I would recommend the RX 570.

Three of them isn't going to do much for you, if you are looking to do a proof of concept for a larger mining operation or just doing it for fun. I'd say go for it.

2.76  ETH per year is my rule of thumb for hashing power on three RX560s.

Good Luck!

Ok thanks I can't wait till I start mining and is a 750w PSU with a 95w tdp CPU good for it

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Ok thanks I can't wait till I start mining and is a 750w PSU with a 95w tdp CPU good for it

Should be!

28 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I'm starting to have a serious interest in mining to have something on the side to get money but I know it won't be as profitable as earlier this year but I want to try something out and I found these and I have no clue if they are worth it to buy in a couple of months or should I look into something else for mining Altcoins and another question can you mine multiple currencies at once because with my current card (GTX 770) I can make 19 cents on almost every alt coin but the most profitable is Eth (lbry)

If you need it as a proof of concept, just buy one GPU and mine with it.

If you want to get heavier into it and use it as secondary income, don't be a retard and buy up 70 GPUs and build computers for them. For that kind of cash, you're far better off buying several ASIC machines.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

29 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

If you want to get heavier into it and use it as secondary income, don't be a retard and buy up 70 GPUs and build computers for them. For that kind of cash, you're far better off buying several ASIC machines.

I'm not stupid and if it's just one card then I could try it with my current rig but I would need a new PSU but that doesn't bother me much

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I'm not stupid and if it's just one card then I could try it with my current rig but I would need a new PSU but that doesn't bother me much

Well that's good. If you're doing it as a hobby, fine, do whatever you want. But if this is for second income stream, like myself, forget GPU mining and buy as many ASICs as you can afford, and as often as you can.

Question: Why would you need a new PSU? 

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

58 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

You cant ASIC mine Ethereum.

59 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Further more. You don't understand how large scale mining works at all....

Just now, Quixotic.Estate said:

Further more. You don't understand how large scale mining works at all....

Oh I don't? Based only off of what I said? really... That's a startling revelation.

System specs:

Just now, knightslugger said:

Oh I don't? Based only off of what I said? really... That's a startling revelation.

First off OP says he's mining ALT Coin. Anyone with absolute basic knowledge of Ethereum would know that it's an intrinsically ASIC resistant cryptocurrency. Second, a proof of concept build for a specific mining machine would be maxed out on gpus... Otherwise, there's no way to tell if you're going to run into resource or compatibility issues. For example. When I introduced RX 560's into my miners. I could not run the 8 per mobo with the equipment I was using. Had I just put a single GPU into that same machine, it would have worked swimmingly.

In the world of misinformation, I guess i'm just a

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

retard

as i'm sure you will soon point out.

Stop the toxicity @knightslugger And @Quixotic.Estate

Well if you're not looking at it like a business, I guess I can't judge. That's the optics I look through when discussing CC Mining. ROI is what I look at (alts be damned) and if a solution performs at a 6:1 ratio then that's where I put my investment money. Since I can't spend ETH on new or replacement equipment, I see little purpose to directly mine it for income.

I'm not trying to be toxic. Buying 36 GPUs and the equipment to support them is not an insignificant amount of money to invest. Young miners tend not to have a purpose to mine. They want to see what it's like. That can easily turn into a several thousand dollar investment that could be better spent on something else had they been guided in a different direction. But there's always going to be the hobby miners, and i have no advice to give to them. I don't mine for hobby. I take no pleasure in it other than the capital i receive for the work I perform and the extra time it gives me to pursue the things in life that do.

Ask yourself: why you want to mine? What do you hope to achieve by doing so? Is there a better way?

System specs:

13 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Well if you're not looking at it like a business, I guess I can't judge. That's the optics I look through when discussing CC Mining. ROI is what I look at (alts be damned) and if a solution performs at a 6:1 ratio then that's where I put my investment money. Since I can't spend ETH on new or replacement equipment, I see little purpose to directly mine it for income.

I'm not trying to be toxic. Buying 36 GPUs and the equipment to support them is not an insignificant amount of money to invest. Young miners tend not to have a purpose to mine. They want to see what it's like. That can easily turn into a several thousand dollar investment that could be better spent on something else had they been guided in a different direction. But there's always going to be the hobby miners, and i have no advice to give to them. I don't mine for hobby. I take no pleasure in it other than the capital i receive for the work I perform and the extra time it gives me to pursue the things in life that do.

Ask yourself: why you want to mine? What do you hope to achieve by doing so? Is there a better way?

I want to try it out, earning side cash, getting a paper route which I hate or getting a normal job which is pretty hard so I'm having a hard time deciding should start mining when it's getting harder

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

I want to try it out, earning side cash, getting a paper route which I hate or getting a normal job which is pretty hard so I'm having a hard time deciding should start mining when it's getting harder

This sounds like you are living at home with your folks. Do they know about your potential mining plans because power isn't free.

1 hour ago, lieder1987 said:

This sounds like you are living at home with your folks. Do they know about your potential mining plans because power isn't free.

I know that and I will chip into the power bill a little bit too so I dont get accused of using too much power for my PC