Windows 10 Keeps installing flash player

Majestic

Alright so my issue is that the Flash Player Security update KB4034662 causes the Nvidia driver to crash the system. Since I avoid websites that use Flash player like the plague anyway, I thought why not just remove the software package.

Here's the rub:

I didn't install it myself, it's part of the Windows 10 software package and it continuously installs it via the updater. Even if I take hold of the rights to the files in System32/SysWOW64 and manually delete it, aswell as putting in a GPEDIT.msc policy to ask the local administrator to govern updates (basically ask me), the stupid flash player keeps installing itself. Aswell as the security update.

So my current solution is to completely disable updates, but in the long run that seems a little stupid given the fact I'm not receiving any security updates that are possibly actual risks.

The question is: How do I prevent windows from installing this software package?

PS: seriously, I want to slap the team that decided "hide updates" was simply too much autonomy for people.

EDIT: ofcourse I contacted microsoft several times, they provided the fixes thusfar. But it's not working.

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Alright so my issue is that the Flash Player Security update KB4034662 causes the Nvidia driver to crash the system.

NVIDIA has no conflicts with Flash so whatever's going on is limited to your system. There really is no fix for broken, only workarounds.

Just now, Majestic said:

Nah fam, it's not.

Then report it to NVIDIA and/or Adobe to get fixed and don't update Windows until it's done. Simple. :D

Just now, MaxBunny said:

Then report it to NVIDIA and/or Adobe to get fixed and don't update Windows until it's done. Simple. :D

Given the age of those topics, fairly certain they ain't doing shit.

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Given the age of those topics, fairly certain they ain't doing shit.

Gotta keep pressing it. It'd be easier than convincing Microsoft to let users opt out of specific updates manually. I've even gotten Valve to implement my suggestions into Steam, so there is always hope that companies will listen if you get in contact with the right people.

Just now, MaxBunny said:

Gotta keep pressing it. It'd be easier than convincing Microsoft to let users opt out of specific updates manually. I've even gotten Valve to implement my suggestions into Steam, so there is always hope that companies will listen if you get in contact with the right people.

Well Adobe isn't even giving me a contact option. It just defaults to the communityforum.

5 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

They have a bug reporter here https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Worst case is you just call them up at corporate directly, cause why not? ^^

That just gets me the automated contactform again, which directs me to the community forum.

That number is in the states, RIP phonebill since I live in the Netherlands.

EDIT: oh, found that bug reporter.

Used both for a long time, no issues.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Thanks fam.

Np

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

uninstall flash player, what do you need it for?

browsers have it built-in, so you don't need it for internet.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4